Yahoo sitebuilder software

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Barelmann

Yahoo sitebuilder software

Post by Mark Barelmann »

I realize this is off topic, but there seem to be a few computer gurus hanging around here. (Moderators - if its too far off base, feel free to whack it)

Anyway, is anybody using or know anything about Yahoo Sitebuilder software?

I used it a few years ago to first make up a website. Now I'm trying to update. Everything works fine on my computer, but when I publish it to the web the images randomly do not load. Only about half typically load. I have a very simple test page with just 5 images. I published it 10 consecutive times without any changes and had 8 different results of which images worked or didn't.

I tried their supposed phone help and got nowhere. They actually just referred me to the self help website. I have turned off the antivirus, firewall, and spyware software and it has no affect. The files are all in the images directory, are labelled properly, etc. Plus they all work sometimes.

Thanks, Mark
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Mark

This really sounds like a Yahoo issue. I use Yahoo for my spam mailbox and have noticed lately that Yahoo has been sporadically very slow to non-responsive. This happens every so often and Yahoo always claims they don't have a problem.

If all of the images display some of the time, it is definitely connected to retrieving the images from their storage location. When you say they are in the images directory, is this on the Yahoo server or your computer?
Mark Barelmann

Post by Mark Barelmann »

Thanks Dan. The files are on the Yahoo server but some get damaged. On my fourth call to Yahoo I got someone a bit more helpful, and although no one still seems to know the cause of the problem, they directed me to Yahoo's online file manager where I can individually load files rather than publish the whole site. This way I can just fix the broken ones. A little bit of a pita, but at least its a fix for now.

Even though they \"don't have a problem\", maybe the transmission problem will get fixed in time??
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

That is exactly why I operate my own web server. It is under MY control and I know what is going one with it at all times.

I do host sites for others if you are interested in moving your site from Yahoo. I charge $10 per month payable annually in advance.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Dan I'd like to build a site but have little html knowlege Is this a $10 across the board to host the site? is anything included? email etc.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Yes, email is included but the cost of developing a site or domain name registration is not.
Mark Barelmann

Post by Mark Barelmann »

Dan, what software would you suggest? Mark
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Mark Barelmann wrote:Dan, what software would you suggest? Mark
For???
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mark, Dan,
If I can butt in here? I am an avid supporter of Coffe Cup Software
They have everything you will ever need to build your own website. They have a program called Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer which is one of the easiest WYSIWYG programs I have ever used. It includes a lot of templates to get you going. I used their HTML Editor and Flash Builder on my site. Next to eCabinet Systems they are my favorite software company.
Kerry