Looking for someone to cut my cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jame Van Horn

Looking for someone to cut my cabinets

Post by Jame Van Horn »

Hi guys,
I apologize for posting here, but I don't know where else to turn. I need some assistance with finding a reliable company to cut my cabinets. I've been to the \"Production Sharing\" page on this site, but there are not very many companies listed. I've contacted them all in my area, and have had poor success finding a reliable company. I have the ecabinet job file ready, only slight changes are needed to start production. (I will not post the file publicly here.)

I'm in upstate New York, but a New York based company is not a requirement. I'm looking for a reliable company that can offer cutting, painting, and assembly. Please help me out, this is dragging on way too long with these other companies I've contacted.

Thanks,
James
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi James,
I sent you a pm, let me know if you dont receive it.
Thanks
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Jame Van Horn

Post by Jame Van Horn »

I am still looking for more. Please contact me!
I was under the impression that this ecabinet community was good to get involved in. So far, I'm finding very few companies that can offer ecabinet cutting services.

(Just to clarify, this post is not in referrence to Mike Murray from Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface. They have already contacted me. I am just looking for more compaines.)
Last edited by Jame Van Horn on Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:54PM, edited 1 time in total.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

James,
I do apologize for not getting back to you after our discussions and e-mails. I did put some effort in to your project, as far as nesting it at the machine and giving it a good go over. I should have followed up with a answer. I apologize for that. I do beleive the reason you are not getting any interest is that your project is going to be very time consuming and difficult to cut/hold down, due to the very small pcs and very thin plywood.It can be done, but very time consuming and probably a lot of recuts even at that. I dont beleive this to be a profitable job for any one with a Production type router who needs to cover there costs. Although I might be wrong and some one here might come up with something for you. You might want to try the shop bot forum, maybe some one with less overhead and more time available on their machine might be interested. Your project could be redrawn in a cad program pretty easily if you found someone with a smaller project type router.As far as finding reliable companys, I beleive there are many on here, if they werent, they would not be making to many router payments. Your project just has little chance of profit and unfourtenetly that is a driving force.
Hope this helps,
Mike Murray
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Hi everyone,
After a pm from James, I would ask anyone interested to contact James and form your own opinion after looking at his project. I really did not mean to discourage any one needing work to look at this job. It is a possibility that someone else might have a different opinion.
Thanks
Mike Murray
Jame Van Horn

Post by Jame Van Horn »

The problem wasn't the small parts, it was a lack of people contacting me in the first place. In fact, the small part issue is minor, and not a show stopper.

I'm still looking for companies that have the ability to cut using the ecabinet software.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi James,

Which states have you contacted production sharing members from?
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Jame Van Horn

Post by Jame Van Horn »

Using this page, I contacted everyone close to my New York area including Penn., NJ, Conn., NH.

I am now open to other areas, as the selection near NY is limited.

Thanks,
James
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Jame...

I sent you a pm regarding looking at your job back around 3/16 or 3/17. If your still looking for someone, I would be glad to consider it.

Mark

My email address: mtaylor@handymansolution.com
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Jame,
We would welcome the opportunity to review your machining needs.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Jame, we too would be happy to look at what you have. We custom cut all the time for people and shipping is not a problem for us. We ship freight all over the country.
rob@spicelandwood.com
Keith T. Ziegler

Post by Keith T. Ziegler »

James,
I use Dave Hall from Halls Edge, he does a great job, he go though the job to make sure things come out right and he is great guy to work with.Any questions you can e mail me @ weeb231@comcast.net :