Adjustable Blind Shelf Supports

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Vince Lisanti

Adjustable Blind Shelf Supports

Post by Vince Lisanti »

Hello Guys,
I am doing an Entertainment System that will be housing some very heavy Audio Video Components. (upwards of 150- 180 lbs per power amp.) This is for a showroom in a high end home theater company near me. I plan on using 1\" ply on the shelves. They want adjustable \"blind\" or \"concealed\" shelf supports so that the supports are hidden.

Does anyone have any ideas on a good blind support that can carry such a heavy load ? . All the weight will be distributed close to the ends of the shelf where the component feet are located so the supports will bear the brunt of the load.

Also, somewhere out there I beleive I seen pullout hardware for media storage similar to hidden spice rack pullouts behind fillers and pilasters. Is there specific hardware for this purpose? or are you guys just using the Rev a Shelf Spice Rack Pullout hardware (or some other brand )for this purpose and altering it to work with media ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Vince Lisanti

CCS woodworks inc.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Vince

I did something like this once but I can't remember the particular supports I used. I can tell you how they worked though.

They were like normal heavy duty shelf supports with standards that are dodoed into the back. The brackets themselves fastened to the sides of the shelves instead of underneath.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Accuride's MAC system is pretty slick.
Michael Van Meter

Blind Shelf Supports

Post by Michael Van Meter »

Vince...
I have seen some that are perhaps good for your aplication...
They were a quater inch dia rod that was bent to stand off the side of the cabinet about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Each end of the rod fits in to the shelf support holes in the side of the cab... I will try to find the source and post it here...
Michael
Micheal
Vince Lisanti

Post by Vince Lisanti »

Michael,

Yes, I was already looking into those. They are called Swedish Supports.

Thanks for the help.

Vince

CCS