Creating an Outside corner base cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KevinDunn

Creating an Outside corner base cabinet

Post by KevinDunn »

Hi All,

I would like to create an outside corner base cabinet with an angled front and am having some difficulty. I did not see one in the standard cabinets so I started with an inside corner cabinet and have been attempting to modify it, but am not certain how to create the toe kicks on the \"backs\". Do I need to modify these in the part editior?

Am I approaching this correctly, or is there an easier way to create an outside corner cabinet?

Thanks

Kevin
KevinDunn

Post by KevinDunn »

Here is a quick update on my progress, (minus a few hairs pulled) I used the part editor to cut the toekicks, but when I try to change the depth of the right and left backs (this started from a standard corner cabinet) I get a message indicating this will result in an unstable cabinet. Current depth is 24\", I am trying to set it to 18\"

I am sure this is a clear case of operator error on my part :D Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Kevin
Attachments
bar_corner.jpg
bar_corner.jpg (100.27 KiB) Viewed 5726 times
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Kevin, DeSoto Ks. sounds like a nice place :) Where are the doors if any going to be? Is it frameless? Could you use a loose toe kick?
Joe no d Soto
KevinDunn

Post by KevinDunn »

Hi Joe,

Yep DeSoto is just West of Kansas City about 5 miles. I like it.

My cabinet is very much a work in progress. I am still struggling on the learning curve with the SW, but slowly making progress. I planned on the cabinet being a face frame with a single door on the angled surface, and yes a toekick :D

I'm not sure if I was attacking this properly. If you have any suggestions to point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Kevin
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Kevin, I think you are on the right track, but instead of cutting the kick out of the back, why not use a detatched toe kick undersized the amount you want the depth to be?
Joe