bug confirmation

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Robert Glenn

bug confirmation

Post by Robert Glenn »

Can some one please follow the attached steps and confirm a potential bug.

Start with generic frameless upper
Global settings to full dado, .125 depth, 100% thickness
add one adjustable shelf
return to main screen
add another adjustable shelf
return to main screen and verify dado shows up on right end and on back from second shelf.

Just curious if my version became messed up or if this is a real bug. This is my standard assembly method to use shallow full thickness dadaos and all of a sudden this problem showed up.

Thanks

Rob
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Robert,
You have to change the construction methods for fixed shelves by going to construction Settings while in the Main Screen. This will make a full dado fixed shelf the default. If you go to the shelf partition editor first and change the setting to full dado and place a shelf it will dado that shelf but by going back to the main screen and then going once again to the shelf editor and placing a fixed shelf you are allowing the fixed shelf to go back to the default of the standard frame less cabinet which is a butt joint.
Hope this makes sense.
Robert Glenn

Post by Robert Glenn »

Kerry,

thanks for taking a look at this. The problem is that I'm trying to place an adjustable shelf and I'm getting a dado and holes on the right end and a dado on the back. Obviously the dados should not show up with holes when placing an adjustable shelf.

Not sure if your explaination addresses my problem. If it does then I still don't understand.

We have two seats of build 12 and it looks like this problem is isolated to my seat. I'll try using a standard cabinet from the other seat and see if I get the same problem.

Rob
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Robert,
Sorry that was my fault. I was adding a step to your instructions and I wasn't getting the same result. If I follow your instructions to a \"T\" then I get the bug.
I was clicking the fixed shelf radio button then clicking the Adjustable shelf radio button in the Shelf editor before placing the second shelf. This places the shelf correctly.
Doing it your way does expose a bug.
Kerry
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

I have submitted this to our programmers so they can take a look at it and get a fix for this. Thank you
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gentlemen,

This is resolved in version 5.1 which is now available. You will need to delete any shelves that have this problem and re-add them.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Mike Snodgrass

Post by Mike Snodgrass »

I've wasted at least 8 or 10 sheets of material(and the fee my machine owner charges me to cut ).
Sometime it messes up the right and sometimes the left, however it gets the back everytime it messes up. I've talked to several phone techs and I'm always told this is a problem they didn't know about, even though, I've called a couple of times on it, and sent a cabinet both times.

But, don't think I don't appreciate the help, I do usually get the answers I need to quit wasting material and time. Just not yet on this issue.

I would love to be a beta tester, i seem to find a lot of bugs ! lol
Robert Glenn

Post by Robert Glenn »

Mike,

I have had similar problems, with the CNC you get what you program and when the program is off it can get ugly in a hurry. There have been a bunch of posts regarding \"change\" and errors in the program. I believe this will be a topic for a while so we assume there will be problems and try to check before and durring cutting. Here are a couple of steps we have put in place that don't slow you down much but will keep you from generating a bunch of scrap if the program is wrong.

1) Print the CNC nesting in e-cab and review for obvious errors such as a dado in the middle of shelf holes. Generally what you see is what you will get.

2) Review the CNC nest at the controller, again what you see is what you will get.

3) Check all features on the first sheet cut. I specifically check dado width and depth using a cut off from the same sheet. Dado's are very sensitive to material thickness and I try to keep mine as tight as possible.

RG