HELP! Problem Updating My Material List??

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KevinDunn

HELP! Problem Updating My Material List??

Post by KevinDunn »

Hi All,

In the past when I wanted to see a particular cabinet in a different material, I have gone in to setting and preferences and updated both my sheet stock and board stock material images, and then loaded the cabinet. Once the cabinet loads all the material changes and all was good.

Today I have tried this with varried success. I can load cabinet or assembly and the sheet shock always updates, but the face frames and doors do not.

I have tried loading several different assemblies and cabinets, and in only one case did everything update. Once the lcabinet loads I have verified the material is set correctly in Construction Settings, but it still displays in the previous material.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong??

Thanks

Kevin
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

On page two of face frame construction settings, uncheck the \"Finish common with door\" checkbox. This causes the face frames to use the door finish instead of the material image.

If you want to easily change the door texture, select the door (in the main cabinet editor workspace) and right-click. Choose Match Texture from the context menu then click on a cabinet part that you want to match the door to.
KevinDunn

Post by KevinDunn »

Dan,

As always you have been very helpful, a 1000 thank yous...again :D

Kevin
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Hey Kevin...there is one thing to you need to be aware of if using Dan's suggestion to match the face frame to the door finish...your cutlist will reflect the original material of the face frames - not the material of the doors.

If this matters to you, I would suggest going into the face frame editor - selecting the parts of the frames, then right click and choose construction settings. Change your material from there and it will match the doors and be correct in your cutlist as well.

Mark
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Mark Taylor wrote:Hey Kevin...there is one thing to you need to be aware of if using Dan's suggestion to match the face frame to the door finish...your cutlist will reflect the original material of the face frames - not the material of the doors.

If this matters to you, I would suggest going into the face frame editor - selecting the parts of the frames, then right click and choose construction settings. Change your material from there and it will match the doors and be correct in your cutlist as well.

Mark
Good point! The same holds true for simply changing the material images. If you want the cutlist to show correct materials, you need to define them as a separate material.