Problem Generating Cost Sheet Report

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Schmidt

Problem Generating Cost Sheet Report

Post by Dave Schmidt »

I am having a problem of how to input labor hours to get them to show up on a cost sheet report. The materials also do not show up on this report. The part that confuses me is when I read the instruction on page 6 of 6 in \"eCabinet Systems Made Easy - Learning the Software\" it sounds easy.

In the Cabinet Editor I designed a custom cabinet made of solid Red Oak and used a Red Oak plywood back. I saved it as a custom cabinet. Prior to designing the cabinet I went into the Settings/Preferences and set up the parameters. It gets confusing in the \"Define Costs\" area. I wanted to set up labor hours for this cabinet and choose \"Use Labor Based Cost Calculations\". Maybe this is wrong. In this area I can only input dollar values, not labor values. I have tried to highlight the cabinet before clicking onto the Cost Sheet but had no results. Curiously the only item that shows up in the Cost Sheet is the Red Oak plywood. Nothing else is there. I am using V.5. :? :?
Help is appreciated.

Dave
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Dave, take your cabinet back to the editor and right click, then click set labor cost, check any that apply to this cabinet and enter the amount of time it will take. Then calculate. The cost per hour is what you set in the settings/preferences. Be sure to resave the cabinet for the changes to stick.
Joe
Dave Schmidt

Post by Dave Schmidt »

Hi Joe,
Thank you for the great instructions!! I can now input my labor values!!

I have one other nagging problem perhaps you may have some insight on. My problem is how to manipulate sheet stock and board stock when designing a custom cabinet through the Cabinet Editor. Case in point;
I design a wall hung display case using a combination of 3/4 Red Oak sheet stock and also 3/4 Red Oak board stock. When I do a Cost Sheet or a Cut Sheet it picks just the sheet stock values. This gives me an inaccurate report because the percent of yield is different in both cases. Maybe I am not selecting or describing the materials correctly for the various component parts that make up the display case.
For a test I made up a room and picked a Standard Base Cabinet to see what kind of a Cut List and Cost Sheet report I would get. All values were right on target and seperated as Sheet Stock and Board Stock.
Help is always appreciated. :? :?

Dave
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

David, could you post the display case so I can see your materials and settings.
Joe