taking bets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

taking bets

Post by Michael S Murray »

Ok Guys,
I got a book case designed in v5.1. It has a face frame with puzzle joint joinery, the sides have part editor cuts, and the box is attached to the face frame with a blind dado. It nests, it writes code, and if I just had the material we would see what would happen. I been saving these book cases just for v5.1 new features, will get some material on friday delivery and see how she goes! I will be Taking bets until material delivery friday around noon :D :shock: :D :shock:
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Mike,

Good luck on the project, I bet it works fine. The question is whether the simple stuff is fixed.

I'm more concerned with 5.1 fixing what was broken in build 11 and fixed (not) in build 12. Sorry guys, but I've got alot invested in this \"free\" software (purchasing through the program at a premium) and don't want to screw up the next kitchen (designed using build 10) on the new version until after the dust settles. I'm sorry to be cynical, but I really have become accustomed to eating regularly - which means all the tools need to work together. Ecabs is the most important at this point and I hope 5.1 works as well as build 10 of release 5. If it does work I'll be happy to continue to purchase \"shares\" in Ecabs by purchasing hardware.

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I need to lose some weight so I installed Version 5.1 immediately. Dale, I hope you are reporting problems that you find in the software. The Thermwood team is actually very responsive to getting problems resolved - if they know about them that is. I would also let them know if you have suggestions for improvements.

I'm really pretty excited about some of the new changes in Version 5.1.

Joe
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Joe Dusel wrote:I need to lose some weight so I installed Version 5.1 immediately. Dale, I hope you are reporting problems that you find in the software. The Thermwood team is actually very responsive to getting problems resolved - if they know about them that is. I would also let them know if you have suggestions for improvements.

I'm really pretty excited about some of the new changes in Version 5.1.

Joe
Spot-on Joe! In fact, most of the features you see in eCabinets are there because members asked for them.

You are absolutely correct about reporting problems as well. If the programmers don't know about an issue, they certainly can't address it.

Be very specific when reporting problems. Provide step-by-step instructions on what you did that led up to the problem and include the cabinet/assembly/job file that you are experiencing problems with. This will allow the programmers to examine the file and follow your steps to determine where the problem lies.
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Hey Mike,

I have only tried to cut the puzzle joint once and had problems because my 1/2\" tool was set for pocketing. I was told later to make sure your 3/8\" is the one used to pocket the puzzle. Good luck!

Brian
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Brian,
I made one up out of some scrap the same night I posted, I must have got lucky because it was a beutiful thing.Will cut some bookcases this weekend to see how it all goes together.(or not!)
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com