new edge banding interface

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

new edge banding interface

Post by Mark Hesketh »

love the new edgebanding interface... only problem is that my edgebanding is no longer showing up. checked the edgebanding screen a couple of times and the parts that should have edgebanding have it selected, yet in the main screen, the edgebanding does not appear on the cabinet. am i just missing a setting or something?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Check the image for your edg banding to see if it is the same color as the cabinet materials.
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Mark, havent spent much time in edgebanding yet, I think I like it also. I beleive you have to pick what you want edgebanded and you also have to pick the edgebanding, somewhere over on the right I beleive. It seemed to work for me on a couple test cabinets. My hope is that it works at the router and does not cause problems in other seemingly unrelated areas.
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

i've had my cabinets set up with edgebanding in the previous version. my banding is deffinately a different colour, made it very obvious (we don't do layout views with ecabs, just batch jobs). i selected the parts on the left of the new interface, and they all show the correct edging on the right, yet when i hit OK and go back to the cabinet, there is no edging shown.
also, if i make any changes to a part of an existing cabinet that has edgebanding from 5.0, the edging immediately dissappears from it.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Mark Hesketh wrote:i've had my cabinets set up with edgebanding in the previous version. my banding is deffinately a different colour, made it very obvious (we don't do layout views with ecabs, just batch jobs). i selected the parts on the left of the new interface, and they all show the correct edging on the right, yet when i hit OK and go back to the cabinet, there is no edging shown.
also, if i make any changes to a part of an existing cabinet that has edgebanding from 5.0, the edging immediately dissappears from it.
But did you select the edge banding material when you defined the edges?
Attachments
EdgeBand.jpg
EdgeBand.jpg (78 KiB) Viewed 4619 times
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

ok, think i found where the problem is. i was selceting the edging material just fine. however, my edging material has a thickness of 0 since it is just to indicate to the guy on the edgebander what edges to do (with a pre-mill). in 5.0 i could do this no problem, but now with 5.1 the 0-thickness material is not showing.

Thermwood guys, is there a way that we could get this ability back?