New board stock definitions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rolf Bergstrom

New board stock definitions

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

First off I will admit I haven't tried real hard to figure this out so I may be missing something and I may not have all of the information.
I loaded the 5.1 update and immediately deleted some board stock from my Materials and replaced with generic stock, not THE Generic stock, just generic stock like 3/4 Primary Material and such.
I then opened up my latest cabinet and was prompted with the Missing Material dialog which I expected and was hoping I could replace the missing materials with my newly created generic stock except this does not seem possible. I am not able to select a new material, I have to accept the original material which is repopulated back into my Materials.
I am guessing that this is okay for cabinet components like Face Frames as it should be easy to change them in Construction Setting and be done with it but what about Display Boards? Most of my cabinets have more Display Boards than cabinet components and there still does not seem to be a way to change the material of these items which means having to recreate and reposition each board (not fun).
Hopefully I am just missing something as this has been a long awaited feature for me and I really don't want to have to replace every Display Board on my cabinets.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Rolf,
I am afraid you will have to take your cabinets to the editor and replace all the display boards.
I am in the process of changing face frame materials on all of my library cabinets.
We ask for this feature and this is just the price we will have to pay to get it.
Maybe someone else knows a way to change Display Board Materials but as far as I know it has to be done one at a time in the cab editor.
Kerry
Rolf Bergstrom

Post by Rolf Bergstrom »

Thanks Kerry. Hopefully we will see a \"Change Material\" function (highlight, right-click, Change Material, select new material or change width/length) in a future release. Kind of like the resize function with Display Objects but not quite. It needs to be true to the Board Stock Materials list so that the cutlist is correct. I for one would use this feature alot, not just for this update issue.