questions about production sharing and hardware

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tillman Stevens

questions about production sharing and hardware

Post by Tillman Stevens »

Hi all. I've been using ecabinets for a while to design small furnitures I build in my own small shop (no cnc capabilities).

I am now ready to try production sharing for a kitchen I have designed and have a couple of questions. I have designed all frameless cabinets using hardware availabe in the ecabinets library.

1. When I submit my designs for a quote from a production sharing member, will the quote include banding?

2. Do the production sharers cut doors, drawer fronts and drawer boxes too?

3. Any idea how much per sheet most of the production sharing partners are charging on average right now (above stock costs)?

4. does the cnc work usually include holes specified by the hardware my design is using.

5. How is the cut sheet usually packaged for delivery?

Sorry for so many questions, but any help is appreciated.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Tillman,

If you click the following link, it will take you to the map of the US where you will see the production sharing members and what they offer:

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecab_new ... ration.htm

Each production sharing member will be able to answer the questions that you have. Everyone will offer different prices and offer different services.

Hope this helps.
Tillman Stevens

Post by Tillman Stevens »

Thanks for the link.
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

You describe the way I use e-cabs, I really do not want to grow big enough to buy a router although I'm sure it would be possible if I was so inclined. I do use the cooperative to have parts cut and feel that it puts me in the same league with the big guys.

Just choose one of the shops that do the cutting, you might start with the ones closest to you although that is not really a big issue. Contact those guys and they will answer all your questions. Most of them will help with your designs, they know the little tricks to make the parts work best on the router I use Chapman Cabinets in SC. Forrest has baled me out several times. All of these guys provide a level of service you are not familiar with if you are accustomed to dealing with the big door companies etc.. Try it you will love it.