Need Restore Help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tony,
After you found where your backup was being saved, did you go to that directory and look at the job in question to see if it might be OK in the backup file?
Kerry
TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Post by TonyGiunta »

It's very interesting. If I go to the Back Up/Restore settings window it does list that my back up directory should go into a My Jobs folder. But believe it or not that folder does not exist eventhough I have made several back ups. When I started to use the program though I was asked to where I wanted to save custom layout jobs, I did not see any \"Jobs\" folder and I may have overlooked at that time a \"My Jobs\" folder. Anyways I created a \"Jobs\" folder that I would save to when I worked on a job. That folder exists, where I pulled that job file I posted. I have done a search on the computer (C Drive) for My Jobs, nothing. So I guess I was backing up to a folder that doesn't exist :wall:
I am assuming that either I should change the backup directory to go to my \"Jobs\" folder or re create a \"My Jobs\" folder. Do you think either way makes any difference? Do you know if other parts of eCab utilizes the folder \"My Jobs\"? How often are you backing up to a disk for safekeeping if your computer decides to take a nosedive?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I sounds like you weren't backing up your jobs directory Tony. If the directory doesn't exist, it just isn't backed up...no error.

If you named your jobs directory \"Jobs\", this is what your backup/restore settigs should look like.

Flush means that all existing files in the backup directory are deleted before a backup is run. If you have files in the backup directory and nowhere else, flushing the directory will delete those files. Leaving it unchecked and \"Overwrite existing files\" checked will cause files with the same name will be overwritten and other files will be untouched.

If you uncheck \"Overwrite\", existing files with the same name will not be backed up.
Attachments
Backup Settings.jpg
Backup Settings.jpg (49.25 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Post by TonyGiunta »

OK Dan, Thanks

not sure where my My Jobs folder went to, but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.