5.1 on CD?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Brian Nichols

5.1 on CD?

Post by Brian Nichols »

My internet connect is to slow to download the 5.1 update. Is it avialable on disc? Thanks Brian
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Brian,
Our updates are only offered for download.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Brian,
Do you need a Version 5 disk? Because if you are still using version 4, you will need a version 5 disk for the 5.1 update to work. Let us know!
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Todd,

I'm in the same boat as Brian. Downloads at 28.8k are painful. Can I get another member to download the update and put the .exe file on a cd and expect it to work when installed on my PC? I would think so, but I'm no computer expert. Thanks for any help.

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Dale,
What we usually tell people to do is save the file to your desktop then run the file. But, yes that should work just fine...
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Thanks Todd, that's great news.

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
Donald R Beliveau

Post by Donald R Beliveau »

Hi... I have ver-4. I filled out the request for a ver-5 disk the first of the week. I have not heard anything or recieved it. Do they acknowledge by email that they have recieved my request?

Thank you.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Donald,

Where in SC are you? Maybe a member is close enough you can load from there disk until your's arrives. You will need your own registration code which you have in V4.

Forrest
Donald R Beliveau

Hi Forrest

I am located in Walterboro.... 50 mile inland from Charleston. The whole mess started by changing up computers. When I installed 4 back on the new one it said my code had expired and wouldn't let me into the program. I got a new code online and it wouldn't work either.

Had not used it much because I didn't have the time to devote to learning it properly. My son is moving up from the shop and taking over part of the office duties so now there is the time I need...... ;-)

I really need to put ver 5 on and start the learning cure with the latest anyway.

Thank you for your help. Maybe it will be here Monday.

Don
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Hey Donald...

I live in the Hilton Head/Bluffton area...if there's any chance you would be down this way I would be happy to lend you mine....I'm afraid I'm swamped this week - otherwise, I'd make the road trip up and bring it to you.

Mark
Donald R Beliveau

Thank you Mark. Not going to be in that area this week.... same-same here on the busy part. Not a problem here about making road trips when I have the time...... nice to get away..... ;-)

I filled out the request last Monday..... so I hope it will be here the first of this week.

But I might just need to talk to you if I have a problem, if that is ok.

Thanks again..... Don
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Donald

Well the good thing is your busy...better than the alternative. If you have a chance to make the road trip, please come down and see our shop.

We are cutting boxes for a number of local companies and we'd be happy to help you if your looking for a production sharing member. We also make and sell drawer boxes (flat or assembled) out of hardwoods and/or baltic birch. We make a variety of doors styles (name your wood) and we have a rotary playback so we can supply any of the parts/carvings off the Thermwood site as well.

Feel free to call me anytime if you need help.

Shop 843 342-5393 mobile 843 247-5074 - if you call the shop, be sure and tell Ginny (my wife) you're calling regarding eCabinets or the Thermwood router or she's likely not to let you get through....it's the only way I can get something accomplished during the day(!)

Mark