Board foot......V5 or V5.1?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Justin D Melhiser wrote:Denis

Make sure that ecabinets is shut down when you try to install the new 5.1 also if thats does not work delete the old files of 5.1 down loads and go to ecabinetsystems.com and click on updates, then download the file, make sure you save it to your computer and not jsut run it.
Everytime I try to update, I do make certain that Ecab is shut down completly. The update seems to be of the proper size but when I run it, it only takes a few minutes to complete. It seems very fast for 22+megs to install.

Which file should I delete when you say "the old files of 5.1 down loads" Are you talking about the one I downloaded from the link at the top of this section? I have downloaded it three times already and it does the same thing everytimes.

I am now in the process of downloading the one from Ecabinetsystems.com and see if I get better luck with that one.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

It will just not install. What else can I try? Where is the Wizard? I know a fair bit about computer but this has got me stumped. It feels like the update it corrupt. It is just too fast to install 22 meg worth of updates.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Denis

You probably need to give Thermwood a call to get this sorted out. Something is not going right (duh...you already KNEW that, eh).
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Tx Dan

I sorta figured it was coming down to that.

cheers
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Well, I have beat my head up with this and still can't install the update. My next step will be to un-install the whole thing and re-install from scratch.

My question now is this.....

After re-installing from CD, should I take the updates to build 12 or go directly with the 5.1 update? Does the 5.1 have all the other updates integrated in it?

If this won't work, what number should I call and who should I talk to?

I will go through the un-install/re-install tonight when I get home if I don't hear from the Thermwood Team that I should not do this.

Tx
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Denis L'Heureux,

I would think the builds would have the entire update in them. 22 meg is a huge update.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Thanks.

With Justin's help, we got it figured out. I ended up removing/un-installing the complete program and re-installing. Then I patched with the 5.1 update. All is working fine now.

Thanks to everyone who helped....especially Justin.

Cheers