Space corner

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Denny Jahnz

Space corner

Post by Denny Jahnz »

Hi

I brought this up before,but cab anyone help me with this, I started using a thermwood equipped shop to machine my parts for me and for my next job I have a corner drawer cabinet that I need to incorporate into the kitchen. This is going to be a Cherry beaded inset face frame job and I need to be able to do the corner cabinet with drawer openings like this
Attachments
Tandembox Corner Drawers
Tandembox Corner Drawers
Tandembox 008.jpg (60.36 KiB) Viewed 11305 times
Tandembox 008.jpg
Tandembox 008.jpg (60.36 KiB) Viewed 11305 times
Denny Jahnz

Post by Denny Jahnz »

I also would like to know if it is possible to insert a drawer into a sink base cabinet like this and whether the part editor can do the notching for the drawer around the sink
Attachments
Tandembox 002.jpg
Tandembox 002.jpg (61.97 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Denny Jahnz

Post by Denny Jahnz »

I understand how to put the mid rails in the corner unit but I also need a partition on the left and right sides to be able to attach the slides to and they are flush with the face frame openings but run at a 45 degree angle to the face frame. Is there any way to accomplish that?
Denny Jahnz

Post by Denny Jahnz »

This is the corner cabinet without the partitions if it works
Attachments
Corner drawers.jpg
Corner drawers.jpg (8.26 KiB) Viewed 11340 times
Corner drawers.hsf
(396.35 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Denny Jahnz wrote:I understand how to put the mid rails in the corner unit but I also need a partition on the left and right sides to be able to attach the slides to and they are flush with the face frame openings but run at a 45 degree angle to the face frame. Is there any way to accomplish that?
I believe the only way you can do that is with a display panel manually placed and rotated to the correct location.
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Denny, Just an idea, but if there are cabinets on either side why not use a regular drawer base with the corner face frame and the deck notched to matched. I threw together a .jpg to show what I mean, its not correct but you get the idea. As far as notched drawers not yet, but you could use 3 drawers with one turned sideways.
Joe
Attachments
corner drawer cab.jpg
corner drawer cab.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 11260 times
Rob Frenette

Post by Rob Frenette »

Hey Denny

If you want holes drilled for slides, as Dan said create a display panel the size you need and then take the panel into the part editor and create the holes there. You could also take a cabinet insert a couple of partitions then delete everything except the partitions then put the correct size drawer fronts on and the holes will be drilled in the partitions. Then just name the cabinet partitions or what ever suits, save it and send with your cabinet batch file or insert it in a room which ever way you are sending your jobs to be cut. If you don't need holes drilled than Dan's method is all you have to do.
Rob Frenette

Calmark Cabinetry & Woodwork Ltd
Specializing in CNC Machining & Edgebanding
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

Denny,

I have done these before..cutting a normal corner cab and then shop fabricating the partitions for the drawers is probably your best bet...

The alignment of the drawer slides and the drawer faces will be a challenge..

The partitions are easy to machine(mitres on opposite ends) and you can pocket screw them into the base...

Your top shoould be stretcher top and count on a couple of cleats to suck that partition into the cabside...

a good thing to get machined ahead of time is the drawer bottoms(if you are using tandembox) the odd shape and required precision really make this a time consuming endeavour...

We used a festool saw and guide rail to make the initial and then templated from there...

For the sink base it can be done ahead of time but your measurements need to be dead on...

What we did was install the sink cab and sink then fabed our drawers from there....it was very quick..
Attachments
PICT0023.JPG
PICT0023.JPG (19.35 KiB) Viewed 11303 times
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

Oh yeah....we used 128mm stainless handles and then had them mitered to fit inside the corner drawer front cost us about 50 bucks
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Denny Jahnz

Post by Denny Jahnz »

Thanks for the responses. I guess for now I will do the corner cabinet and do the partitions manually. I build my base cabinet runs as one unit instead of multiple cabinets so I am still working out how to join the corner cabinets to the side cabinets within the program and get a useable cutlist. I am hoping with a little more experience I can get the machine to do some of this stuff that is time consuming to do manually.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Here is my corner cabinet I show my customers if this will help
Attachments
Drawers.jpg
Drawers.jpg (64.65 KiB) Viewed 11142 times
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Beautiful work George.
Kerry
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Kerry Thank You
Can you help me I was downloading the carvings
from the store. Put can not find them in e-Cabinets
after I downloaded them :(
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

Nicely done George.
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

George,
I just downloaded a couple of the carvings and saved them to my desktop. You can then double click the .exe file on your desktop and it will install the carvings on your computer. I found the carvings by opening the Cabinet/Assembly editor then going to Display Objects and the carvings were listed under Britanny Credenza and Renaissance Hall Collection.
I think it will save the parts in the Collection that they were taken from so they are kind of hard to find.
Look for something new in Display objects and I'll bet you find your carvings.
Kerry