Board stock bug?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Kimmi

Board stock bug?

Post by Gene Kimmi »

I started updating my board stock material in 5.1. When I take a cabinet into the cabinet editor and change the board stock for the face frames, my mid styles and mid rails will not change to the new material in the cut list. Also, when I bring up page 2 on face frames and click on material for the mid rails then the new material, width changes to 1/8\".

I have tried this on several cabinets with the same results. I added new material in the board stock ( FAS Red Oak ) to replace 1 1/4\" Red Oak, 2\" Red Oak, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

Gene,
when you change material in any area where add is used, as in \"add mid rail\" the changes occur only when the component is added. You must delete the old and add a new one. This also applies to \"add door\" etc.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

George,
An easy way to do this is after changing the materials for face frame ,
Open the cabinet in the Cabinet editor
Go to the face frame editor
Highlight all the mid stiles and rails by using the ctr button and clicking on them
Open Construction settings
Click on the Face frame Tab
Go to page two
Click OK to exit Construction settings which allows the cabinet to re-generate,
all of the selected face frame parts will now reflect the new material and or sizes
Kerry
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Thanks guys. Kerry, your idea works great. I've done that before, just wasn't thinking this time I guess.

I still wonder why the width changes dimensions when changing material on the mid rails? Nothing else does this. Thanks again.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gene,
Make sure you set your face frame parts dimensions on page 2 of face frames after updating material. If you use the All button to change materials it will change the width of all stock also. If the mid-rail width changed when the cabinet re-generated there must be an incorrect width entry in face frames page two.
Kerry
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Kerry,

What it is doing on page 2 of face frames, the old material for the mid rail is 3/4\" X 1 1/4\" red oak. I click the drop box then the new material, FAS Red Oak. As soon as I click this, the width of material changes from 1 1/4\" to 1/8\". I have always changed it back to 1 1/4\" before it regenerates the cabinet.