Question about slides that don't have associated hole patter

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tillman Stevens

Question about slides that don't have associated hole patter

Post by Tillman Stevens »

If I use slides like Fulterer FR5755-22BK slide that doesn't appear to have an associated hole pattern in ecabinets, will any mounting dados, holes be cut by the cnc or do I have create a custom hole pattern for it?
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

nothing will be cut...if the hole pattern isnt there....

Sometimes I use the first hole and last hole of the slide and create a line boring pattern in the cab sides this allows you to mount your slides and then fill the intemediate holes with driving screws
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Tillman Stevens

Post by Tillman Stevens »

But will the drawers be sized appropriatly to accomodate the slide, or does this have to be manually done within the cabinet design?
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

When you say drawers are you talking about the box or the front....if you mean the front..then they will be sized the way you see them on the screen and according to the parameters you set in the editor...same as the the drawer box...

Remember some drawer slide call for 1/2 inch between the d box and the cab side some less some more....you need to check the specific details of the slide you are planning to use....

In the picture I have given you two strategies for dealing with slides that have no hole pattern associated with them....

The first is a 32mm process hole pattern it starts from the botttom of the cab and goes all the way up...the first hole is at 37mm and the next at 480...this accomodates the front and rear hole of most drawer slides...

The other is by using a stretcher that seperates drawers and then measuring up from there for every drawer...

Either one works fine...if you are unsure i would cut the cabs without hole patterns and make a jig or layout scheme...putting in hardware while the cabs are unassembled is pretty easy anyway...
Attachments
holes.jpg
holes.jpg (59.64 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Just create a hole pattern for the slide and associate it.