Drawer fronts in board foot listing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Kimmi

Drawer fronts in board foot listing

Post by Gene Kimmi »

I am using the Conestoga Slab drawer front for my default front. Is there any way to have these figured into the total board foot in the cutlist?

Also, is there any way to use board stock in the drawer boxes?
Eddie Kitson

Post by Eddie Kitson »

not sure on first question
2nd question: if you go into drawer designer. load drawer, rt click. hit construction settings , you can change material type there.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I may be mistaking but I thought the door material was added to the materials list if the build in house was selected.

I tried it and no go. Maybe something went wrong or I was day dreaming again. :wink:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Michael,

The materials for doors built in-house is added into the board footage used and parts are listed in the cutlist. In-house built drawer fronts show up on the cutlist but the material is not added to the board footage used. Maybe it is just the front I am using that won't add to the footage? I was wondering if there is a way to have this included like the door material is.

Eddie,

The material that is in the construction settings for drawers is the sheet stock. Is there a way to use the board stock in here? We build all drawers out of solid wood, so it would be nice to have a cutlist to reflect this.

I would also like to say that if every product we used was as accommodating as e-cabinets, its message board, and members, life would almost be too easy. Thanks alot everyone.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Gene,
I create a sheet stock called Oak lumber or Maple lumber and price it accordingly. I just look at it as a glued up panel and use a sheet size that fits.
You can then add the board footage of this sheet stock to your lumber calculation.

Kerry
Tom Giacchina

Re: Drawer fronts in board foot listing

Post by Tom Giacchina »

Hi Newbie here.

Is there no way to use solid wood for drawer fronts? The material list in the drawer front designer uses only sheet goods as an option. I see the last post as a workaround by pricing out a sheet as if it was solid. Is there another way to do this?

Tom
Dickey Beckham

Re: Drawer fronts in board foot listing

Post by Dickey Beckham »

I use solid wood for the Drawer boxes and Fronts, The wordaround will work for the Drawer boxes and will show up in the
sheet goods but the Slab Drawer Fronts will not and will not be added to the material list, Only the 5 piece Drawer fronts will be added to the board stock list. Maybe this should be added to the wish list. It would help us that uses sold wood drawer
a lot.