Carvings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I played with the Rhino demo for a while and I thought it would export as .stl. I t has been a while and I might be wrong.
Kerry
Joseph Fusco

Post by Joseph Fusco »

Tillman,

Rhino does export to stl. No need to have Accutrans.
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

A quick overview of our process if it helps;
We primarily use ArtCam Pro for our 3-axis carvings. We either laser scan an existing carving, then import into ArtCamPro as an STL...or draw it up from scratch in ArtCam. From there, we create the program and remake the STL (if we smooth it out in ArtCam) to import into eCabinets.
We then package the HSF, program, setup procedures, etc. into an EXE to be downloaded from our store. The only charge you will encounter is when you actually run the rental program.
Tillman Stevens

Post by Tillman Stevens »

Yes, I saw that it would export to stl. I'm going to try getting some of my carvings into ecabinets and over to a production sharer to find out if they'll cut ok.

I have a whole nautical theme with centers, medalions, etc that is great for redoing yacht galleys or doing kitchens in a nautical theme. I've got a patriotic one that I was working on as well. I'd like to spend time doing more of these if they're cuttable by ecabinents on a thermwood router. I know some of them can be cut on a small desktop cnc router.

Is a library of themed carvings something that can be shared through design sharing?
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

We could also add them to our rental carving library...giving you royalties should anyone rent them. We would need the cnc program, eCabinet files, and anything used to create it (for support or tweaking the program).
Adding them as a design sharing library would only give the user an eCabinet Display Object. eCabinets won't cut the carving out unless a rental program exists. Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss.
*(800) 533-6901 ask for Jody*