Transparent Doors Again

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Say

Transparent Doors Again

Post by Chris Say »

I still have problems with doors. It seems when I have a lot of part editor cuts in a cabinet especially on the doors resizing or regenerating the cabinet will cause the doors to become transparent. The only thing visible is the edgebanding. I will attach the job file. They are in the batch. Take the cabinet named \"Balloon Back Bar\" to cabinet editor and open construction settings and change the deck settings from deck flush to back flush and you will see what I mean. This has been a problem for since about build 5. Thanks
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

I have found a way to get the doors to appear again. If I look at the cabinet from the side view the banding can be selected. I can take the part into part editor again to put the handle holes in. After that go back into the main screen and the fronts appear. I hope this might help to figure out the problem.
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Chris,

Could you post the cabinet?

walker
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

This has been happening to me also.
I have created a library with One Piece MDF Shaker doors.
I Used Slab doors with 0 thickness edgebanding, Cut a pocket in the door using parts editor while the cabinet was in cabinet editor, Then using constraint manager constrained the pockets. Then Saved the Cabinet.
If I put a cabinet on to custom layout everything is good but if I resize it when installing it the doors become transparent exept for the banding. Hmmm ????

I'm attaching a image. The cabinet left of the DW has been resized & the cabinet right of the DW has not.. ( Strange the Jpeg size window does not want to go away completly when I save )
Rob
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

I Just discovered that if you re-size the cabinet by using adjust cabinet features/resize after the cabinet is in custom layout instead of resizing as you install it the Doors do Not become transparent ...
Rob
Chris Say

Post by Chris Say »

I noticed the same things you did when I was placing in custom layout. It was frustrating because when they are transparent it causes a lot problems at the machine. The similarities between our doors are slab doors, banding (my thickness is 1/32\"), part editor cuts, and constraints. I hope this information is helpful to Thermwood. I also am finding that this happens most often on cabinets with drawers. I just created a cabinet today that has these properties that will show transparent doors after accepting changes made to the construction settings icon.
Attachments
3 Drawer.zip
(844.32 KiB) Downloaded 314 times