Just a tad frustrated

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Anthony Towers

Just a tad frustrated

Post by Anthony Towers »

I built this using my generic color( Maple), then decided to see what it would look like as a cherry piece. Went to constructions settings and got this. No matter what I do the doors and face frame will not change. I have gone into the face frame editor, and the door editor to set the defaults, but to no avail. I know its simple to do, So why am I pulling out the last remaining strands of hair that adorn my head?
Attachments
Ent. cab.jpg
Ent. cab.jpg (73.5 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
Bryan Wilson

Post by Bryan Wilson »

Hi Anthony
Try highlighting the doors & face frames then right click, choose match texture, then select the cherry wood that is displayed, it should match. aslo the face frames are probably set on page 2 to match the doors.

hope this helps

Bryan
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Anthony Towers,

Go to the door editor. Remove the doors, change the defaults for your cabinet doors, then add the doors back.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Anthony,

Go to the 2nd page of Face Frames under Construction Settings, and uncheck the 'Finish Common With Door' box. That will change your face frames (or allow you to change your face frames) to whatever species/finish you want.

As far as the doors go, you'll have to delete and re-add them and choose the appropriate finish before you click 'Save Default' when choosing the door style you want.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Anthony,
Maybe by now you have solved the problem with the various suggestions above. If not:

Simply, combine what is written above:
Go to the Face Frame Editor on page two and uncheck the \"match doors\" option. Go back to the basic editor and highlight the doors, right click and choose change texture, then click on the wood you want to match.
Done.
regards,
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Hey Anthony, we're not trying to bombard you with solutions we are all just a little anxious to see you succeed.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Anthony Towers

Post by Anthony Towers »

To all, Thanks ,,, it worked,,,,,,,,,, Seems I did everything but the obvious,,,,, I knew that it was simple, but somehow the sulotion just seemed to stay ahead of me.
Would of got back earllier, but my Cougers where busy beating up Kanloops this weekend,, I just had to savour ever goal scoring moment, it was sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hockey Rocks ! ( especially when your team is winning )
--------------------------- tony