Help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John Franzino

Help

Post by John Franzino »

I downloaded the 5.1 version and installed it now I cant open the program. It gives me a warning that the \"stringtab\" file is missing among others. What did I do wrong?
Also when I try to transfer files from one computer to another I cant open the files. I \"save job file as\" on my flash drive and when I try to open it on my other computer it wont open. I also copied my assemblies to my flash drive then copied it to my assembly folder on the other computer and have the same problem. It wont open any file.

John
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Post by Mike Bowers »

John I'm not sure about the string tab error, but how are you trying to open the files?
We love what we do, we do it well.
John Franzino

Post by John Franzino »

I downloaded the patch again and was able to open the program but i try to open the job files and assembly files thru the program. ( custom layout and cabinet editor) Anything i saved from another computer will not open.
John
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Are you getting any type of error when you try to open the jobs?
John Franzino

Post by John Franzino »

it says \" unable to open ecabinets file data \" This is on every file I try to open that I copied from another computer.
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

John,
Open a Windows Explorer and navigate to the files that you have a problem with. Right click on the file and open up 'Properties'. Have a look at the attributes (at the bottom). Perhaps the 'Read-only' attribute is active. Click on it to remove the mark. Do this for all your files that you copied over. HTH
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
John Franzino

Post by John Franzino »

I tried it, none of the files had the read only box checked

John
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

John,
Can you post a few of the files you are having problems loading? I just want to see if I have the same problem on my machine.
John Franzino

Post by John Franzino »

Todd,
I downloaded the 5.1 build 2 version and I was able to open the files after that with no problem. Thanks for everyones help on this I'm sure I'll have more questions later :-) right now i'm trying to load my logo image onto a plasma tv in parts editor. The image is loading on a 45 degree angle. I try to rotate it but it rotates front to back not side to side. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

John
Todd Miller

Re:

Post by Todd Miller »

John Franzino wrote:right now i'm trying to load my logo image onto a plasma tv in parts editor. The image is loading on a 45 degree angle. I try to rotate it but it rotates front to back not side to side. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

John
John,
In the cabinet editor, load up a display cube and attach the image. Make sure the image application is set to stretched. This is just another way to get the same effect.
John Franzino

Post by John Franzino »

Ahh!! Thank god for you guys and this forum, this computer would be a wheel chock for my truck by now :-/ Thanks for the help

John
Attachments
christos wall unit with tv.jpg
christos wall unit with tv.jpg (98.68 KiB) Viewed 7435 times