Materials File/folder

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Materials File/folder

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I am in the process of transfering my eCabs files from my desktop to my laptop. Which folder are my material filed in. These are the materials I have defined, my sheet stock, my board stock, banding and countertop stock. I would like to transfer them over but can't locate them. I have transfered some jobs I created and they are coming up with missing parts and sheet goods that are the wrong species. It came up with a prompt to add new materials but it didn't apply them to the cabinets. Thank you.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Leo

Materials are located in ecabinets.mdb. You may also want to transfer ecabinets.ini which contains your program preferences.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Thanks Dan. I'll transfer and install those files ans see what happens. I was looking at the problem closer and it looks like it has a weird twist to it. I would highlight a part and it would tell me that it was the correct sheet stock/board stock and species, yet it was showing the wrong picture for it. I have a cherry cabinet that has maple looking parts on it, but are showed as cherry. When I go to change them they come up as the correct parts with the correct skin but when I go back and it re-renders itself it shows the same mixed species version. Weird. Hope your fix works.

Leo
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Gettin' your fair share of worms there Mr. Early Bird? :wink: I know you're in a different timezone and all, but..........
Attachments
MrEpps.jpg
MrEpps.jpg (201.76 KiB) Viewed 7082 times
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Mike Seisser wrote:Gettin' your fair share of worms there Mr. Early Bird? :wink: I know you're in a different timezone and all, but..........
My post listing shows I posted at 7:20am when I really posted at 8:20am. DST is screwed up.
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Being a Wizard is a full time job! and then some! :shock:
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Leo Graywacz wrote:Thanks Dan. I'll transfer and install those files ans see what happens. I was looking at the problem closer and it looks like it has a weird twist to it. I would highlight a part and it would tell me that it was the correct sheet stock/board stock and species, yet it was showing the wrong picture for it. I have a cherry cabinet that has maple looking parts on it, but are showed as cherry. When I go to change them they come up as the correct parts with the correct skin but when I go back and it re-renders itself it shows the same mixed species version. Weird. Hope your fix works.

Leo
This could be caused by using images from the ImportedImages folder for your materials. If both computers don't have exactly the same image with the same name, it will cause the wrong image to be displayed.

Example: Computer A has 1.jpg in imported images and the color looks like cherry. Computer B has 1.jpg in imported images and the color looks like maple.

The best method of transferring files from one computer to another is to use the eCabinets backup/restore feature. This gets all relevant files, including Texture Images.

It will overwrite files of the same name on the computer being restored, so make sure you want to copy everything.
Attachments
Backup.jpg
Backup.jpg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 7066 times
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Leo Graywacz wrote:Thanks Dan. I'll transfer and install those files ans see what happens. I was looking at the problem closer and it looks like it has a weird twist to it. I would highlight a part and it would tell me that it was the correct sheet stock/board stock and species, yet it was showing the wrong picture for it. I have a cherry cabinet that has maple looking parts on it, but are showed as cherry. When I go to change them they come up as the correct parts with the correct skin but when I go back and it re-renders itself it shows the same mixed species version. Weird. Hope your fix works.

Leo
Leo -- It isn't just you. I had exactly the same problem yesterday. I copied a job from my desk to my lap and it showed all the white melamine as maple. I checked the materials on the lap and it had the proper image so I deleted the job and went back to the desk and recopied the job and it came out right on the lap.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I transfered the MBD and the INI file and it solved the problem. Thanks Dan.