Reverse Isometric View

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jon Forsgren

Reverse Isometric View

Post by Jon Forsgren »

Is it my old eyes, or is there something wrong. V5.1 build 1. When in Iso view the cabinet tapers wider near to far rather than narrowing. I don't remember seeing this before. This cabinet was created with this build, based on the island in the standard cabinet directory. Am I just having a senior moment? :oops: My brain hurts.

Jon
Attachments
BH Std Island Framed.hsf
(296.12 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Jon,
Just toggle your iso/ortho view button.
Jon Forsgren

Post by Jon Forsgren »

No problem in ortho, just iso. In Iso it goes thin to fat rather than fat to thin. Maybe my brain is still running nueron(?)V 0.5 revision A

Jon
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Jon,
When I open up your file and view it, everything seems fine. Has anyone else on here ever seen this?
Jon Forsgren

Post by Jon Forsgren »

Just to confirm my thoughts. In Iso view nearer items of the same size should appear larger and \"shrink\" the farther away they are, as in perspectives. Or a cube should taper front to back. Like a I said, I may be having a brain fart and this is the \"reverse\" Iso is the way it has always been. Just looks wierd.

Jon
Attachments
iso.jpg
iso.jpg (39.58 KiB) Viewed 7202 times
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Yes, you are correct, but the view pasted is orthographic (No Perspective)
Jon Forsgren

Post by Jon Forsgren »

Ok, I'm confusing myself. Will try again. First pic is iso and shows tapering to distance. Second Pic is ortho and shows expanding to distance. If iso has perspective, I would think ortho would show rectangles/cubes and such with parallel lines/sides.

Jon
Attachments
iso.jpg
iso.jpg (44.32 KiB) Viewed 7167 times
ortho.jpg
ortho.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 7167 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

If you have the button selected, you are in ortho.
Attachments
Iso.jpg
Iso.jpg (110.07 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
Bryan Wilson

Post by Bryan Wilson »

When I learned drafting years ago with a lead lock, T-square and 30-60-90 triangle :? an Isometric view was 3 sided orthographic no perspective,
On the screen or on paper the back and far end looked longer than it's respective counterpart but you could verifiy it was the same length with a scale. If you wanted a perspective you had to create vanishing guide lines, 2 or 3 point, and work to them, With the software you just click a button and can have ortho or perspective easily. I guess our eyes just naturally want to see in perspective and an Iso/ortho looks bigger in the rear.
Sure do like working with keys and mice, better than lead and electric erasers.

Bryan
Jon Forsgren

Post by Jon Forsgren »

Thanks for all the replies. I think I was just having one of those days yesterday and just kerflunked my gray cells.

Jon