Drawer Fronts in part editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John Lawrence

Drawer Fronts in part editor

Post by John Lawrence »

I want to make some cuts in a drawer front but when i select it and hit the button it tells me that this part is not supported in the part editor.
Any suggestions
John Lawrence

Post by John Lawrence »

Ok, worked out that its because it was an MDF drawer front, any reason why these connot be taken to the editor?
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

John,

Drawerboxes, drawerfronts and doors are not supproted by the Part Editor yet. It's something that is supposed to be addressed in a future release.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
John Lawrence

Post by John Lawrence »

Hi mike,
But i can take other doors and drawer front into the editor exept one which are from the MDF catagory.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

John,

Seems you can take certain doors/drawerfronts into Part Editor, but not all of them. My mistake. I haven't tested it thoroughly, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency as to which doors/drawerfronts can/can't be brought into Part Editor.

So far I've found the standard slab door CAN be edited, as well as some Conestoga doors (as long as I don't change any of the options). None of the MDF doors nor the Thermwood doors that I've tested are allowed either.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
John Lawrence

Post by John Lawrence »

Yeah, i would have thought that it would be most important to be able to do profile cuts in mdf door as these are the doors that would be best for painting. Many of our painted doors have profiles routered into the face.
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

John you can design a infinite number of mdf designs in the door editor.

The door editor allows you to cut interior and perimeter cuts. In addition you can add carvings to the mdf doors as well.

Mark