Out Of Memory Error

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Out Of Memory Error

Post by Leo Graywacz »

OK, just received this error :evil:. I'm just wondering if it the famous OOM error. I was trying to save work I had just completed within the software and in the middle of saving this error box pops up. When it returns to the 3D display mode I have duplicate white only cabinets that are about 1 1/2 times bigger than the normal cabinets placed inside and outside the room walls. I had no success in saving the data at all, I tried deleting the newest added cabinets to see if it would save after I found the bad cabinet but I got back farther then when I started and still got the OOM error. I assume this id the dreaded error. I am still using V5 and waiting for the bugs to be resolved in 5.1 and 5.2

Thanks (and darn)
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Leo,

I have been trying 5.1 build 2 for a little while now and it seems to be quite a bit better. You should upgrade. It's the only way we can progress.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Mark Taylor
Guru Member

Post by Mark Taylor »

Leo...I agree with Jean. The new update seems to have fixed a lot of issues and I haven't had any trouble with it yet.

Mark
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Sorry, kinda chicken. I like to wait until most of the bugs have been worked out. I'll get there soon though. So, is it the same OOM message that I have seen here?
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Post by Jean G Voyer »

Leo,

You shouldn't be chicken because version 5.1 build 2 has worked out some of the bugs. So it should be better already. Since I haven't seen the 'out of memory error' yet I wouldn't be able to answer your question.
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Leo,

I to have been getting the OOM error but only on files created in 5.0 and only when making to many changes before saving. I beleive this is an issue with not saving often enough. Try going back and changing maybe 3 cabs and then saving.

Forrest

V5.1.2
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Leo,
I just checked and Version 5.1 build 2 has corrected the Out Of Memory error on my job that started that whole thread. I don't think the Out of Memory thing is fixed but it will be better in 5.1 build 2 than it is in 5.0 build 12.
Kerry
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I have a simple room layour with seven copies of the same base cabinet...nothing special at all.

If I take the entire layout to the line drawing editor, memory usage goes up to 1.6GB! The job file is only 17.9MB. If I try to copy the room in the LDE, it will churn for a while and finally cough up the out of memory error then crash.

This is with 5.1 build 2 and the room and cabinets were created with 5.1.

I do know that some memory issues were corrected with 5.1 build 2 and that the programmers are still working on other issues. I sent Scott Vaal the job and lots of information from my observations with the job.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Re:

Post by Mike Seisser »

DanEpps wrote:I have a simple room layour with seven copies of the same base cabinet...nothing special at all.

If I take the entire layout to the line drawing editor, memory usage goes up to 1.6GB! The job file is only 17.9MB. If I try to copy the room in the LDE, it will churn for a while and finally cough up the out of memory error then crash.

This is with 5.1 build 2 and the room and cabinets were created with 5.1.

I do know that some memory issues were corrected with 5.1 build 2 and that the programmers are still working on other issues. I sent Scott Vaal the job and lots of information from my observations with the job.
If you wanna have some real fun (others should probably ignore this, I think only Dan and I would find the fun in it) set up Windows Task Manager and open the I/O Write Bytes column under the Processes tab. It'll make your eyes bug how much and how quickly that total rises by what you would THINK is a 'simple' process within eCabs. The cumulative effect of keeping the software running without restarting it every once in awhile - as well as Windows itself - makes one start to design cabs/projects differently so as not to tax the system until it's absolutely necessary.
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Fearing the worst I have been deleting my drawing before leaving the LDE. So far so good.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

This is a lot of trouble but...

I seem to have overcome the problem to a small taxing degree. I start by creating a room with walls and saving it twice calling one of them walls. I open the other file and start my design. Once I have my room basics I make the adjustments to the cabinets. I then take each cabinet to the editor and save it. now I open the walls file reinstall all the saved cabinetry into the room. This time I click save file as and click on the other file and replace it.

I have determined that resizing the cabinetry has influenced a breakup in the positronic membraine inhibiting the optiminal co-processor. Thus resulting in a catastrophic event. Nonetheless an abrupt end to a seemingly smooth process. :roll:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I just did a layout at 4.35 MB, took it to the LDE, came back, saved and it only increased to 4.65MB W/O the new build. :?
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by DanEpps »

Rick Palechuk wrote:I just did a layout at 4.35 MB, took it to the LDE, came back, saved and it only increased to 4.65MB W/O the new build. :?
It's not the file size Rick, its the amount of memory being used by the eCabinets process.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

How do you monitor that Dan?
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

You can use Task Manager to watch memory usage. Click on the Processes tab and watch eCabinets.exe.