Closet / Pantry racks or shelves

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tom Loner

Closet / Pantry racks or shelves

Post by Tom Loner »

Ok all, great site here. As you can tell, I am a virgin poster. So, I hope that everyone goes easy on me. I have been using the software for just a very short while. From what I can tell, I can not wait until I am proficient. In just the short while that I have used it, I have been just utterly amazed.

Now on to my question. My use of this system will be primarily in furniture and not kitchens. Enterntainment centers, custom funiture, maye china cabinets. And who knows, maybe eventually some kitchens. Project that I am wanting to cut my teeth on with this software is closet builtins. Alot of the closets that I work on will have those white wire racks/shelves. You see them alot in pantries as well (not custom, mind you). For the most part they are 12\" deep and various lenghts. Where can I find those 3d files to include them in my 'before' renditions. I would think that it would be very benificial to show the client what they currently have. It would make the final rendition of what you are desinging much more powerful. I would like to be able to use those racks/shelves and be able to adjust the lenght and possbily the widths. Are there any available?

Again, thanks and I am sure I will be asking alot more questions.
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Closet / Pantry racks or shelves

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Tom Loner wrote:...So, I hope that everyone goes easy on me....
This forum is unlike most Internet forums; everyone here is pretty darn courteous. As for answers, I'll leave that to the rest of the group.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Oh, and welcome, Tom!
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
David Norton
Guru Member
Company Name: Custom Trim and Millwork

Post by David Norton »

Tom, guess the best way is to search some of the sites of downloadable
3d files. There is a prog called Accutrans that can take most 3d files and convert them to .stl files for use in Ecabs. Accutrans can also resize these objects too. Do a search for Accutrans here and you will find several threads
& probably the link.
Dave Norton
Tom Loner

Thanks......

Post by Tom Loner »

Thanks for the reply.......If I can use Accutrans to convert, the 3d files, what app can be used to create the 3d files if I can not find a suitable file? Maya? Any other suggestions? Does accutrans require a special file format?

Again, thank you very much.
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Rhinoceros is pretty good. V4 is out now