Idea for new parts editor feature

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Roger Erismann

Idea for new parts editor feature

Post by Roger Erismann »

In future builds would it be possible to rotate the panel in the pats editor contour mocde? Ie....lay it flat on the x axis...

Could we lay multiple sheets in the parts editor...
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

I would also like to be able to rotate the part in parts editor. Sometimes depending on the layout its frustrating not to be able to use the rectagle mode to quickly cut out a sink Hole in a counter when the counter loads at a angle. Mabe its just me but I tried to find a way to rotate but no go.
Rob
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Sometimes in the evening I get these stinky brain farts. You know the ones you have to share with someone...

How about the DXF import function?

Inport the dxf file (A X B) for the cut out. Then allow for a rotate of the file, not the cabinets...

Think we can get either of these in a future version?

For the record. I just crashed e_cabinets trying to move an imported title block I use in my LDEs.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Roger Erismann

Post by Roger Erismann »

we rotate in auto-cad and then import....it works great if you are running both programs on the same machine..but at home all I have is e-cabs..
Wood Butcher/Case Maker
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Roger Erismann,

That's great and good to know also. because I have Auto Cad. However, there are many e_cab users that don't have Auto Cad and would love to turn the geometry somehow.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Sebastien Boileau

Post by Sebastien Boileau »

I too would love this feature, since i'm making cutouts in the top of my base corner cabs for easy access to miter bolts under countertops during instalation, then I could rotate the corner cab and make a rectangular cutout much easier.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Are you needing to rotate on the Z-axis? :idea:

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Sebastien Boileau

Post by Sebastien Boileau »

Yes Mike, I do need to rotate on the Z.
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Sebastien,

If you only need to rotate in 90 degree increments, you can achieve this by using the mirror function. Mirror first along the x axis, then delete the original, then mirror along the y axis. (You'll have to move your newly rotated/mirrored one after you're done more than likely.)

I've also discovered that if you draw a line through your drawing at any angle then choose Mirror, Line, it will duplicate and rotate your original 2x the angle of the line.

For instance, if you want to rotate your drawing 90 degrees, draw a 45 degree line through it, select everything except your 45 degree line, then choose Mirror, Line, then click on that 45 degree line. Afterwards simply delete your 45 degree line, and your original drawing and the rotated drawing remains.

Play with it a bit, it's one of those 'duh I can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner' things. And very powerful, not to mention time saving. If you're anything like me you have both horizontal and vertical versions of the same profiles/tools you use for different applications. This beats the hell out of drawing everything twice.

Hope this helps,

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.