Graphics card, revisited

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DaleKern

Graphics card, revisited

Post by DaleKern »

Will the Nvidia GeForce 8800 with 640meg DDR work with eCabs?

My system is/will be a P4 2.8Ghz with 2 gig. of ram.

Thanks in advance for qualifying the video card! It's time I updated to a 20th century system (now that the 20th century is over... always a step behind!-)

Thanks again,

Dale
I have no business being in this business...

http://www.dalekern.com
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

Hey Dale, as you know the recomended card is the nvidia quadro class. Having said that, I use a nvidia geforce 7900 256 ram it seems to work fine but I have nothing to compare it to. When I push the button images rotate, pan, zoom, spin fast, and whatever else I tell them to do. And hey, if I ever get the urge to play a game?
Last edited by greg youngken on Wed, Mar 21 2007, 4:36PM, edited 1 time in total.
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Greg,

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to save a few bucks and not pop for the quadro. I'll give the Geforce a try. Thanks again for the reply.

Dale

Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Dale,

Sorry, I just haven't had time to respond to your PM. nVidia's GeForce series are really very stable with eCabinets, especially on Windows XP. The nVidia Quadro FX 540/550/560 cards are priced reasonably and perform very well with eCabinet Systems, if you want an alternative to the FX 4500. I've heard zero complaints about that chipset.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

I upgraded from the onboard card to a GeForce 7300 256MB recently as I was having issues. Since the upgrade I noticed a significant improvement in the performance. I have not really had any issues since the upgrade and am satisfied with the performance so far. The nice thing is it was on sale for only $65.00 CDN. After I get more proficiant with the software I may want to get a Quattro. I am curious what improvement I might expect going from the GeForce to a Quattro.
Rob
DaleKern

Post by DaleKern »

Thanks, everyone!!! I'm going shoppin'.....

Dale

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

save some for me dale, and can I say your job made my label printer beg for mercy, thats a lotta parts for 1 kitchen!Check your e-mail later tonight for update..
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

For anyone that is interested I bought the Radeon 9250 256mb and it works flawlessly. It is also rated for open GL or I wouldn't have bought it.
I have a 3.2 P4 HT with 1gig ram and have not had any problems until 5.2 which slowed down my system on a large job. It cost me $90 can.
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

It should be noted that the Quadro FX cards offer improved frames per second performance under Windows XP only. nVidia's drivers under Windows Vista are still in development.

Thermwood, because it still doesn't officially support Windows Vista, has not tested many graphics cards under Windows Vista.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64