crashes when changing material

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

crashes when changing material

Post by Mark Hesketh »

just finished putting together a cabinet when i was informed that the material of some parts had to change. but when i go in to change the material, ecabs crashes right out as soon as i hit the OK button.

can anybody figure out why or tell me how to get around this problem? her is the cabinet i am talking about
Attachments
mat change.zip
(361.2 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Mark Hesketh,

When you say you change the materials, are you in the room layout or cabinet editor?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

I took this cab to the cab editor and the file is shutting down my program too. Where you in the middle of changing mat. or something, I noticed the edge banding is specified as something different than shown on cab? Check your material settings in the setting preferance area there is no image assoiated w/ your 3/4\" burgandy ?
Last edited by greg youngken on Wed, Mar 21 2007, 5:33PM, edited 1 time in total.
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I found that If I open the construction settings and click OK it crashes.

This one is nuts...

While in the shelf editor e_cabinets tells me I can't delete a fixed shelf with a partition attatched to it. 4 fixed shelves remained undeleted. Now after several attempts to delete the shelves, I am finding two fixed shelves that I can't delete.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Post by greg youngken »

Michael, can opening these bad files somehow corrupt my program?
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

so... it crashes on me when i go into construction settings and then hit ok in the cabinet editor. it also crashes if i try to enter the edge-banding area. it also crashes if i try to change sheet stock in the batch editor. it also crashes if i enter the construction settings from within the shelf/partition editor. it also crashes when i try to exit from the constraints manager. basically, there seems to be no way for me to go in and edit this cabinet. the worst part is that this cabinet has dowel construction, so there are series of holes for each shelf that i will now have to go in and re-enter... just frustrating.

Thanks for taking a look at it though folks, and for the help. at least i know i'm not just crazy :?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Mark:

Something in the file is causing a stack overflow when the cabinet is regenerated. If you can remember the last thing you did to the cabinet it might be helpful to the programmers in determining what caused the error.

Thermwood team:

The specific crash dump info is

the assembly instruction at HOOPS1106!HC_Compute_Matrix_Product+2c4267 in C:\\Program Files\\Thermwood\\eCabinet Systems\\HOOPS1106.dll has caused a stack overflow exception (0xC00000FD) when trying to write to memory location 0x00032fdc on thread 0
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

i think that the last thing i did before saving it was adding the constraints to the top and to the lower shelf... and it saved fine. didn't try to change materials or anything at that time though. it was when i re-opened it, and ever since then, that the crashes have happened.

as it is now, i have managed to recreate the cabinet, and it seems to be working fine. thankfully you can save your part editor cuts as a pattern and re-apply them :D that saved me a whole chunk of time.

thanks again for checking it out

oh, Todd, got your voicemail, but i think this should explain everything better than what you would be able to get from me trying to yell over the noise of the shop on the phone (my computer for ecabs is right beside the router in the middle of the shop, so they can have me run both at one time) :) let me know if you need any more info.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

I went ahead a forwarded this thread onto the programmers. But thanks for the reply.