Changing Doors Moves Base Cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Perry

Changing Doors Moves Base Cabinets

Post by Rob Perry »

When I Select Cabinets in Detail room mode and change the doors or drawerfronts on Base cabinets the cabinets Move aprox 10\" into the wall. I have to manually move them back into position. Changing doors on uppercabinets works fine. At first I kept thinking I was doing something wrong but cannot seem to figure out why it happens.
Anyone with any Ideas?
Rob
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Rob,
We need further information..... What door were you changing too? How was the cabinet inserted? It would be nice to take a look at the layout to see what we are dealing with. Please post the .esj file so owe can check it out.
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

I think, because it is the base cabinets, that instead of gently adding the doors he kicked them and thats when the cabinets moved a few inches into the wall. :wink: :lol:
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

Ok. I finally got around to posting this. When I try to change the drawer fronts to Slab on either side of the stove the cabinets move into the wall.
Rob
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

I've got the same problem. Any of my seed cabinets, created about two versions ago but regenerated with the current version. Create room with one wall. Add the base cabinet and select it. Right click, select Adjust Cabinet Features, Change, Doors. Select Conestoga Standard, CRP-10. Click OK. Cabinet jumps back.

I've attached a job file with one cabinet through the wall and one unchanged.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Jason Gooch
Guru Member

Post by Jason Gooch »

I've had a similar problem, changing doors on assemblies causes the cabinet to jump up. Haven't noticed if it happens the way you've described it though.