Just Doors HELP!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

MikeMadsen

Just Doors HELP!

Post by MikeMadsen »

we're really new to this program and have a remodel job that we need to just replace the doors, we make our own doors but were looking for a way to get the program to print a cut list just for the doors, but a can't figure out, if there is a way, to do that without putting them on cabinets.. it would sure save ALOT of time if i could figure a way of just typing them in then printing the cut list.. any help would be great![/b]
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

Mike,
Have a look at 'batch cabinets'. (The icon with the two cabinets) I haven't tried loading just doors yet, but you can load your doors there. When you have loaded all your doors, click on the cutlist icon. HTH

Mike,
OOPS :oops: I was overeager in helping and got it TOTALLY wrong - ignore what I wrote! :oops:
Last edited by Paul Ellis on Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:00PM, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Mike Madsen,

At the current time you may add doors and drawers to the purchase items section. I understand this does not help you . However there is a way that I use to make doors using the cut list.

1.You will need to develope a catalog of cabinets with no parts except the backs / face frames depending on your need, and use a DO NOT CUT material for this. (something you can lable as do not cut.)put the proper reveals / insets and save these cabinets. You also have to place doors and fronts that have the \"build in house\" radio button selected in the door selection and save that door. Also make sure you have the machining parameters set for this door.

1.Providing the material and settings are right and the doors and fronts are selected with \"build in house\" this will give you a cut list to include the panel size. It will also produce a cut list for the face frames / backs. Just ignore that for the doors and fronts.

I think they have plans to change this in the near future.

Hope this helps.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Mike,
Here is a solution so that you can batch just doors by Scott Vaal. This works great.

Kerry,

I don't know if you batch doors like this a lot, but here is a fast way to do it by creating one (as a cabinet without other parts) and then changing it to any size in the batch.

Follow these to the \"T\"

1.) Load the std base frameless.
2.) Delete all cabinet parts except the toe kick.
3.) Go to door/drawer editor: set the door you want default and then add it to the cabinet (do not change any door con-settings).
4.) Return to main.
5.) Go to con-settings -> toe kick tab: set the Height and Inset to zero, and uncheck \"Has Toe\", select OK.
6.) Save this cabinet and then batch any size/Qty door of this style that you want.

Scott Vaal
eCabinet Systems
John Lawrence

Post by John Lawrence »

Hi mike,
What i do in this situation is create a room in the custum layout and then go to detail room choose item and choose display door and load each different door size into the room, then you can get a cutting list and nesting diagrams for all your doors.

john