Line bore patterns for 32mm / Zargen slides

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Robertson

Line bore patterns for 32mm / Zargen slides

Post by Dave Robertson »

Good morning all, I'm looking for some assistance in setting up line boring patterns in the program. Our frameless boxes have 5/8 (16mm)gables and 3/4 (19mm) decks. We always reference our holes from the bottom. We built boxes at 31 1/2 H ( 800 mm ) so that gables could be used as lefts or rights. When we use Grass's Zargen slides and 3/4 decks we have issues of not having enough clearance underneath. When using these slides we now have to go to 31 5/8 ( 803 mm ) gables. This is all background to my question of how do I input to the program my first 5 mm hole 64 mm or 67 mm from the bottom and 37 mm back from the front edge and then every 32 mm up? Thanks. Anyone else use Zargens with 3/4 decks?
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hi dave,The only way I know to currently use the 32mm system is to use an adjustable shelf and move it up and down until you get your first hole location correct, then use this as your seed cabinet. There was talk of impleminting something to help with this, but I dont beleive there is anything else yet available. Do a search on this, it was a very active topic about a yr ago.
hope this helps
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Post by Mark Hesketh »

another option to solve this... and this is what we do since i still can't convince them to change the set-up on the point-to-point to match the thermwood... is to create your holes the hard way in part editor. take your gable in and create a bunch of 5 mm holes, then take it to constraints manager and constrain the first one where you want it, and all the rest get constrained to that first one. takes a little time to get the seed cabinet done this way, but the work fine once you have em.
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Re: Line bore patterns for 32mm / Zargen slides

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Dave Robertson wrote:Good morning all, I'm looking for some assistance in setting up line boring patterns in the program. Our frameless boxes have 5/8 (16mm)gables and 3/4 (19mm) decks. We always reference our holes from the bottom. We built boxes at 31 1/2 H ( 800 mm ) so that gables could be used as lefts or rights. When we use Grass's Zargen slides and 3/4 decks we have issues of not having enough clearance underneath. When using these slides we now have to go to 31 5/8 ( 803 mm ) gables. This is all background to my question of how do I input to the program my first 5 mm hole 64 mm or 67 mm from the bottom and 37 mm back from the front edge and then every 32 mm up? Thanks. Anyone else use Zargens with 3/4 decks?
Is this what you are looking for Dave?
I just changed the opening for the top of the shelf to equalize the pin holes. You can set your back and front insets while in shelf editor construction settings.
Attachments
Test.jpg
Test.jpg (33.71 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
Roger Kirkpatrick
Company Name: The WoodCrafting Company

Post by Roger Kirkpatrick »

Dave,
I build frameless also and the only way I know how to do it is the way Mike said.
Put an adjustable shelf in, with the hole pattern set up correctly, at the right height from the bottom.
You can set the space under the shelf, in your case 64 or 67 minus 19 (for the deck thickness). You will need the correct number of holes, set in the shelf editor.
If you are cutting on a machine and you don't want the shelf, I use a material called \"do not nest\"
The WoodCrafter
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Once you create a cabinet with the holes configured as you want (using an adjustable shelf), take the end into Contour Mode of the Part Editor.

There, right-click and choose \"Create Edges\" from the context menu. This will outline the holes and perimiter of the cabinet end. Now, delete the perimeter outlines so that you only have the holes remaining.

Click the \"Save\" icon (floppy disk) and save the hole pattern as a .x_t file.

If you have different layouts, do this for each layout.

To use this hole pattern on new cabinets, take the ends into Contour Mode of the Part Editor and click the \"Load\" icon (folder). Select the appropriate hole pattern and click OK. Adjust the location of the pattern if needed and exit Contour Mode. Back in the Part Editor, right click and choose \"Cut/Pocket...\". Select all of the holes and click \"Next\". Enter the depth for the holes and click \"OK\".