PANIC Can't Print Rolling Nest with Windows Vista

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Drew Nageleisen

PANIC Can't Print Rolling Nest with Windows Vista

Post by Drew Nageleisen »

I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling eCabinets following the instructions on the forum (run as Administrator etc). It seems to have corrected some issues I am having. I have an extremely tight deadline and I cannot print the Rolling Nest report.

I am able to print the rendering from the Custom Layout screen, but nothing comes out of the nested screen. I have tried to print to Adobe Distiller as well. Can the file be exported to something else?

In a panic!

Thanks,

Drew
Drew Nageleisen

Well, I can get the Rolling nest to print from the batch Cabinets screen, but not from the custom layout screen.

I guess this is a bug?

Vista SUCKS!

Drew
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Drew,

I am supprized you jumped into Vista without a backup. You can't get your old computer to print the nests?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Drew Nageleisen

My wife and I split up last month and I really didn't have a choice. My XP machine is in the house with her and the kids. I couldn't get a laptop with XP and I wasn't going to buy another OS on top of the computer.

I am looking forward to the XP compatibility fixes! I have dealt with bug with this software for over three years now, another delay won't kill me. The fatigue will.

Drew
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

I feel for you Drew...

Is it just the images you're after? if so You can take a snap shot. It's a little crude but that will keep things going for ya. I am not familiar at all with rolling nest so I can't help wioth this one.

Someone has some workaround if there is one.. hang on...
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Drew Nageleisen

Hi Mike,

No sweat. My reply post had the work around, just not too clearly I guess. It would not print the nest when it is generated from a job, but would from a batch of cabinets, so I got the report.

Yes, the screen capture works, but would take an eternity for all the parts in this job.

If only someone could convince people to not use melamine...

Drew
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

I haven't done anything with Vista (not going to for a while either :wink: ), but does it have \"Compatibility Mode\" like other versions of Windows?

In Windows Explorer (or whatever its new name might be), browse to the eCabinets directory. Right-click on eCabinets.exe and choose \"Properties\". If Vista is like XP, there will be a tab labeled \"Compatability\". On that tab is a dropdown that you can choose to run the program in XP compatability mode.

I don't know if this will help but it is worth a try.
Attachments
Compatability Mode.jpg
Compatability Mode.jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 7947 times
Kirt F. Bowman

vista compatability

Post by Kirt F. Bowman »

Hi Drew

this is what I am currently using on my dell inspiron e1405
Attachments
ecab1.jpg
ecab1.jpg (201.05 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
Brian Bauer
Guru Member

Post by Brian Bauer »

Drew,

I totally agree with you, I wish more people would forget about melamine. Oh what am i saying I don't use that stuff anyway.

Sorry to hear of your home issues as I too am going through a similar issue, wife moved out took the kid, But on a positive side we are trying to work it out. Kids come first.

Brian Bauer
Twin Lakes Cabinetry
Wood is wood , Particle Board is just dust !
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Guys,

Thermwood is working on the Vista issue to hopefully come up to date quickly. The major problems that I've heard from IT guys are printer related in general. One thing I've noticed is ghost cabs are more common than ever. My icon also will not change to 5.1 and had to be renamed manualy. However my new HP laptop flies. I still don't trust my files but, am having fun playing on it. Can someone tell me if the security measures can be toned down a little. This \"allow\" thing is more than a minor irritation.

Also, I have mention to Thermwood opening another forum for Vista users while they test it. This will allow for more input. I was told they are considering this.

Forrest
Brent Brown

Post by Brent Brown »

Get a Mac! eCabs runs great on the Macbook Pro and the Parallels program.
Nice screen shot of Vista. They almost duplicated the look of OS X.

Brent
Joshua Hodge

Post by Joshua Hodge »

Brent,
What graphics driver/setting did you use for your Mac? I have run it on a mac but cannot change the display setting to the correct value.

Thanks,
Josh