What happened to my Cabinet?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

What happened to my Cabinet?

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I was making this cabinet and fighting tooth and nail with the software to make it do things it didn't seem to want to do. I was just about finished with it, making incremental saves and it gives me an error saying upper rail dimension error. I hadn't touched the upper rail since the beginning of the build. I had a job saved with this cabinet in it and when I open the job the cabinet is there briefly at the opening but then disappears. I tried to insert the cabinet but it would not show. Then I noticed when I tried to resize it as another option for trying to force it to show itself that all my dimensions were at zero, zero height, zero width, well you get the picture. So I resize the cabinet to what it should be and the program goes offline in a blink. It did this several times before I gave up and tried to make the cabinet over but now I can't get my fixed shelves to go to the bottom of the end panels, it always wants to leave a 1\" space and won't go flush to the bottom. Here is the cab file, and a JPG of the cabinet. The original size of the cabinet is 78\" wide, 30\" tall and 17\" deep. Any help reviving th cabinet would be appreciated or an explanation of what went wrong, is it me - or did the software have an episode. I am still running V5.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Leo,
I am looking into this....I have been trying to figure out what went wrong, but can't seem to do anything with the cabinet itself. I will try and recreate it the best I can, and repost it. Look for it In your private messages.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Todd Miller wrote:Leo,
I am looking into this....I have been trying to figure out what went wrong, but can't seem to do anything with the cabinet itself. I will try and recreate it the best I can, and repost it. Look for it In your private messages.
Well, I have redrawn the cabinet and it has changed shape a few more times per the client. If you want to figure out what went wrong so it can be recorded and reported to the Thermwood team you can do so. I no longer need the problem to be solved and have replace that cabinet with one that works for this job. Thanks for the response and any effort you have put into looking at this. I hope you didn't waste to much of your valuable time.

Leo
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Leo,
This may not be 100% correct, but at least I can work with this one.
Attachments
Std Upper Frameless d.hsf
(650.51 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Here is the error print out I got when I tried to load your cabinet. Both from the PM and the forum, same error. I'm still on V5.0, is that the problem?
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

That could be the issue. Try installing the latest version. Then try again!
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Yup, installing V5.1 let me load your cabinet. Thanks.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

OK, Same cabinet but a different problem. After I rebuilt the cabinet (in V5.0) I switched over to V5.1 Had a couple of weird things happen. The doors lost there texture and reverted back to unfinished Maple, which is what they started as before texturing with the camel color. That was an easy fix, just re-textured and it held. But the next problem seems to keep occurring. I start in the detail room, select the cabinet to bring it into the cabinet editing area, do any type of editing, this time I was changing knobs and positioning of them and when I hit the main icon to bring the cabinet from the door and drawer editor to the cabinet editor it takes the 4\" center rail (which has a part editor cut in it) and flips it upside down, so the flat is down and the curve is up. I figured it was because of the upgrade so I went to the FF editor and erased it, then put it back, went to the parts editor, put back the curve cut and then to the confinement manager and put back my limits. Saved the job. Later I had to change something else and it flipped the piece over again when returning from another editor back to the main cabinet editing area. I can see it slow down when it starts to do the confinement calculations and as soon as they are finished it flips the piece over. When I get home I'll upload the cabinet to see if someone can reproduce it.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

OK, funny cabinet. Won't do it anymore. Like taking your car to a mechanic, never does it in front of the mechanic, it'll wait until the ride home.
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit