Problem with Drawer Box Nesting in 5.1 Bld 2 - Out of Border

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Problem with Drawer Box Nesting in 5.1 Bld 2 - Out of Border

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I don't know how many people are using 5.1 bld 2 and why so far no one has posted anything about the problem with drawer box nesting. We know that Thermwood knows about the problem but if they are not going to fix it soon they can advise us how to cope with it. Most of the cabinets I have designed are on build 2 and most of them would have drawer boxes so what I do now is to check out the drawer boxes in control nesting and produce them on a different computer (one that belongs to a colleague of mine). But everyone actually needs his computer so you see the dilemma here. I tried to go back to bld 1 by installing it over bld 2 but it didn't work so now I am really out of ideas. Any suggestions guys? Anything would be helpful.

BTW is bld 2 compatible with 5.0 bld 12 or 5.1 bld 1?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

I must have missed something. It seems like drawers are nesting correctly in version 5.1 build 2 unless there is a problem going to a router that I don't know anything about.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Kerry
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Kerry Fullington wrote:I must have missed something. It seems like drawers are nesting correctly in version 5.1 build 2 unless there is a problem going to a router that I don't know anything about.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Kerry
Well I think that the problem is in the program itself. I tried today to nest a small cabinet with some drawer boxes in it and it clearly showed where the parts are nested (way out of border - may be if our router's table WAS 180'x360' it would have fit). Anyways enough sarcasm there's a problem and it was officially confirmed at least by CNC Automation here in Canada. I'll send a screen shot of the nest problem. It only appears on bld 2.
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Georgi,

Can you email me a detailed description of the issue and a copy of the drawer box to program@thermwood.com att. Daniel, and I'll start looking into this right away.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I still keep getting that same mistake on the program. Now I know that it's not a programing error but I don't really know how to fix it. I tried searching for any leftovers from the program on the hard disk and then uninstalling them and then installing the program again but nothing works. I was hoping that there is someone else here that had the same problem and somehow fixed it. Any ideas would help right now
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Georgi

You stated in your one email that you could take the drawer box to another computer and it worked fine. We need to find out what the difference is in these two computers and exactly how you are adding this drawer to a job. Please email me the drawer and cabinet to program@thermwood.com along with your contact info so I can give you a call. We'll get this figured out yet!!! :wink:
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Is anyone still working on my problem?
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Well it seems that ecab bld 3 did fix my error and now nesting is done in a proper way but I see so many bugs and errors that people are generating with the new build. Hopefully it will be only a private case and I will not get those errors just as it was a private case with my \"out of border\".

Cheers mates and let's hope that ecab 6 will be much better