Refresh on problem loading parts!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Refresh on problem loading parts!

Post by Francis Samson »

Ok, i found my problem for loading parts in the floor plan. Thing is, i had a superb software called \"tune-up utility\" and, for a reason still unknown, started on automatic registry cleaning??!! The darn thing deleted some 274 reg. keys that i couldn't reinstall and even after a restore point and windows restore, my PC crashed!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: So, if some of you have this kind of soft. please be careful !

After reinstalling my XP from scratch, every thing came back to normal and every parts are being loaded without any problem!!!! :evil:

Thanks to all for your help!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

That is a very important tip Francis...making changes to the registry can quickly disable your entire computer.

Never use anything that automatically \"cleans\" the registry. As you painfully found out, these tools can delete vital registry information.

RegistryFix is an excellent tool for scanning the registry for incorrect entries but it too must be used with caution. If you are not absolutely certain that an entry can be deleted, leave it.

This tool can also be used to backup your registry. In fact, it will create a backup before making any changes so the system can be restored if the changes cause problems.
Francis Samson
Company Name: AVBN

Post by Francis Samson »

Yep, found it the hard way!!!!
The other way to fix problem like these, is, Norton Ghost! I resolved my problems by adding an external SATA and use Norton to copy a perfect picture of my SATA RAID mem. with out any bugs or missing KEYS so that if the problem comes back again, i'll be able to reinstall every thing with out taking a whole weekend in front of that stupid Window!!!!LOL

Thanks Dan.