Problem Saving Cabinets in Vista

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

ScotAcree
Company Name: Scot Acree Woodworkig LLC

Problem Saving Cabinets in Vista

Post by ScotAcree »

I read all the warnings about running Vista, but I had to make the change, because I bought a new laptop and only Vista was offered.

I was thinking about setting up a duo-boot running XP, but thought I would try to see if Vista would work first before spending the extra money.

I've also read Rick Destin's post on page 5, March 4th, about how to set up and run Vista. I have gone through that method.

Here's the problem: When in the Cabinet Editor, I bring up a standard cabinet and make changes, then save the cabinet to the directory with a new name, everything works fine. Then I hit the New icon to start over, bring the cabinet back up, make changes to the cabinet, then hit Save, I get an error that says, \"An unname file contains an invalid path.\" So the only way I am able to save the changes that I have made is to give it a new name. Then I have multiple cabinets in the directory.

If I try to exit out of the cabinet that crashed, then click New, it says, \"There are unsaved files in the current assembly.\" So the only way I can delete the cabinet is to completely exit out of e-Cabinets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scot
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

Duplicate post. This thread is now locked.

Refer to the first here:

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5565
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64