Print out quality- need help

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Blewitt

Print out quality- need help

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

I seem to remember a while back someone had this issue and the fix was simple. Can anyone help me remember?

When I print the nesting diagrams and specifically the part detail sheets, I get red letters superimposed over black letters. It makes the diagrams completely unreadable.

Thanks!
-Jeff
Dave O Jeffries
Company Name: THE WOODSHOP

same thing happened to me

Post by Dave O Jeffries »

first time today black letters with red imposed over then green on sheet cutouts
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Re: same thing happened to me

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Dave O Jeffries wrote:first time today black letters with red imposed over then green on sheet cutouts
I had that before....I didn't do anything to fix it, it just went away on its own.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Denis,
If you would like to post the job file you are trying to print I can take a look at it for you... Thanks!
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Todd,
Mine wasn't a Job File. It was a single cabinet. I have 44 of these to build for a wine store so I can't batch it or job file it (single part limit). But here's the file
Attachments
Walter Isenburg.esj
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
-Jeff
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jeff,
I tried your job and it displays and prints properly on my computer so I won't be much help.
Some problems have been reported where the cabinet name was too long and it caused the writing to run together. I didn't find this problem with yours.
You could try printing by \"view\" and use the shift key and both mouse buttons to zoom the sheet view before you print and see if that helps.
Just in case you are using a different version or build I am using version 5.1 build 2.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Kerry
Attachments
nest.jpg
nest.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 6543 times
nest_02.jpg
nest_02.jpg (86.93 KiB) Viewed 6543 times
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Kerry,

Everything just seems to work better for you :lol: Want a Job? I'm using the same version and interstingly enough I had this problem originally, then it went away with an update. Now since I updated to build 2 it showed up again. What it looks like is if you print the sheets, then run them back through the printer with the same information but in a different color. Everything is offset a millimeter or two. Just enough to make it unreadable. Wonder if it could be a print driver or something?
-Jeff
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jeff,
I think I would try the latest print drivers. Set a restore point in case it causes more problems then you can go back.
Kerry
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

Todd Miller wrote:Denis,
If you would like to post the job file you are trying to print I can take a look at it for you... Thanks!
As I said, it just fixed itself. I have had this issue a few times in the late v4 builds. Saved the file and sometimes it was fixed the next time I opened it and sometimes not.

No issues anymore though lately.
Todd Miller

Post by Todd Miller »

Mine seems to be working fine as well. Try just nesting 1 cabinet, then see if you get the same results. This might have to do with the number a parts you are nesting.