I gave up

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

I gave up

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I installed the V5.1 upgrade and it has made it a miserable experience to build a medium size kitchen. Everything is taking 10 minutes to do. Every time I make a change I go watch the TV while it chugs away at 100% CPU usage for 10 minutes. I'm running a 2.8GHz w. 2.5GB ram, still using the onboard video chipset though. I made a copy of V5 before I changed over and put it into a folder called Thermwood2. I ended up using the V5 to finish this kitchen. I spent hours on it the other night in V5.1 and got nowhere. I spent two hours tonight on it and just about finished it up.

Whats going on with V5.1? I started the kitchen in V5 and then did the upgrade and started to work on finishing it in V5.1. Could this be the problem. I've noticed that a lot of things in V5.1 go slower. Drawers seem to take way too long. Just making a seed cabinet, when I get to the drawer it takes two minutes to get it done and then I go to the main edit area and it does it all over a again. Anybody else? Or is it something in my computer system.

Dell Dimension 4700 series Pentium 2.8Ghz, 2.5GB ram.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Mitch Cain
Guru Member
Company Name: M Cain Woodworking

Post by Mitch Cain »

Hi Leo,
can you post your job file and I will try it on my system tonight...
Black Bear Custom Cabinetry
Mitch Cain
Guru Member

Post by Mitch Cain »

Or maybe you can just bring it over on your USB drive, since you are only about 10 minutes away from me...
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Leo

What kind of graphics card do you have on your computer? Also I would like to know what the memory size is as well.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Re:

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Justin D Melhiser wrote:Leo

What kind of graphics card do you have on your computer? Also I would like to know what the memory size is as well.
I am still operating under the Motherboard Video System and have not yet upgraded to a separate video card. That is next on the list.

Name Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

PNP Device ID PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_2782&SUBSYS_01811028&REV_04\\3&172E68DD&0&11

Adapter Type Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

Installed Drivers ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version 6.14.10.4410
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Leo

What you need to do is update your graphics card. I would get one that is stand alone graphics card. This will not share the memory, unlike the one you have now. This should solve your problem.
Jeff Blewitt

Post by Jeff Blewitt »

Leo,

I agree on the graphics card. I picked up an ATI card at Best Buy with 512 MB for $50 on sale. WOW what a difference!
-Jeff
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I went over to Mitch's place today (Thanks Mitch) and we stuck it on his computer (with a separate video card) and...... Same problem. I told him what to do and I got the same crazy Texture error at his place. I told him to delete a cabinet assembly and see how long it takes. Well after about 5 minutes I said \"See...\" and then \"wait for about 5 more minutes\" and in 5 minute the crazy error came up. Just before the error popped up one of my countertops disappeared. We looked at the tops and decided one looked odd. Tried to delete it and the program locked in a loop using 100% CPU and never came back. Later, on my computer I was able to delete the countertop without any issues and then tried to delete the cabinet assembly and my computer locked in a loop. Here is the error message:
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Mitch Cain
Guru Member

Post by Mitch Cain »

Just to continue what Leo was describing - In the Detail Room layout we tried to delete an assembly. The system just ran on ad nauseum until I had to kill the ecabs process. I freed up the memory and restarted and brought the job up and went into the countertop editor. He has a countertop with part editor cuts on it. We tried to delete the counter top from that editor and got the lockup again (or a different lockup altogether, but the net effect is the same - we drank coke while the computer sat and sat and sat...)

I've got a 3.0 ghz dual core with 2gb memory and a separate graphics adapter with 256 mb onboard...it ain't the video card...
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Leo,
Post the problem job and we sill see what happens. It will be there for the eCab guys to look at Monday.

Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

The file is 53MB, how do I override the 16MB limit??
Dell Precision 7710
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I think we all have to agree that there's a problem. After the last build I'm creepin' and crawlin' too. Drawers, resizing, deleting from a layout it's all way slower. :(
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Leo,
That is a problem. It will be too big even if you zip it. You will probably have to email it to the tech folks.
Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I think we all have to agree that there's a problem. After the last build I'm creepin' and crawlin' too. Drawers, resizing, deleting from a layout it's all way slower.

NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I do the same stuff with the same library and since the last build I noticed a drop in performance. I'm not saying that I don't need to update my equipment, what I'm say is that when V5 came out I had no probs, V5.2 I got probs.