Graphics Cards

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

You would use that for two separate inputs Mike. For instance; computer in one, satellite box in the second or a second computer. Some monitors can do split screen and picture in picture too. ( Dell™ UltraSharp™ 2407WFP)
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Thanks Rick,

I am very fluent with the software but have little knowledge video adapters as you can tell. But, I'm learning...
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

Dean Fehribach wrote:I would like to comment that using the amount of memory as a benchmark is flawed. A few years ago, faster graphics cards generally had more memory; today, this isn't true.

I can speak from test results that a 128MB nVidia Quadro FX 550 graphics card will run circles around a 256MB ATI Radeon 9800 XT, even tho the Radeon has more memory.

On Windows XP, you can't beat the Quadro FX 540/550/560 graphics cards on the price/performance scale.
It should be noted, that the bigger your monitor and the higher the resolution you use, you will need more memory in that situation.
Dean what if you run dual monitors?
Mike
We love what we do, we do it well.
Mike Bowers
Wizard Member

Re:

Post by Mike Bowers »

Michael Yeargain wrote:How do you serial port graphics cards? And what does all this mean?
Ditto Mike :oops:
We love what we do, we do it well.
Steven Evans

Graphics Drivers

Post by Steven Evans »

WOW, I updated my drivers. What a difference. I never thought much about updating my driver. I thought it was mostly for gaming types. My graphics are at least 10X faster. Instead of waiting for the image to change it goes as fast as I can click. BFG 7900 Card here.