Closit / KD questions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bob Stern

Closit / KD questions

Post by Bob Stern »

I am new to eCabs and working through the learning curve.

I will be doing Melamine Closets with KD constructions.

When inserting a hanging rod hfs, it is not scalable on the fly with the cabinet.
Is there any way to create a item such as a closet rod to scale with the cabinet?

When creating cabinets for my library, I leave the rt side off. When creating a room, I edit the last cab and put an end on it. This seems to work well if I do not use KD construction. When I use KD it leaves the pins hanging out and I am not able to place them correctly next to each other.
I can work around it this way but, I loose the benefit of auto ordering (and Pricing) of the KD fittings. Is there any way of editing the Rafix (KD) image to eliminate the pin?

thanks in advance for any help

Bob
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Bob,
The closet rod .hsf files won't scale with the cabinet but you can highlight the rod and scale it manually.
The only other thing that I have done in the past is to create a material called Closet rod that was 1 1/2\" X 1 1/2 inch and use it for a Stretcher. This way you can constrain the position of the material and can also get the material in the cutlist that will re-size with the cabinet. The only draw back is that your closet rods will be square.
Kerry
Bob Stern

Post by Bob Stern »

Hi Kerry

I found I could scale them individually. This is pretty time consuming when doing 5 to 7 cabs with double hang. I was trying to see if there was a quicker way of accomplishing this.

I though about the stretcher method but for presentation purposes would not give the professional image I need.

Is there any way to build accessories that are parametric in eCabinets?

Bob
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Bob.
You can use a shelf made from a material called Closet Rod and give it the appropriate front and back insets, then take the shelves to the part editor and make them round. (see picture below) They will then re-size to width but you would have to change the back inset if you re-size the depth. I find it much easier to scale the display objects.
As far as I know there is no way to automatically re-size display parts.
I thought being able to scale the objects was great. In the past we had to create a new object for every size.
Kerry
Attachments
rod.jpg
rod.jpg (171.48 KiB) Viewed 5165 times
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Bob
Here are some of the accessories for closets that I have made
in e-Cabinets program.They are all made from cabinets
The only one is not is the round closet rod and that can be resize.
Here are some made with stretchers close and far away.
I like the stretchers
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

I have taken a closet rod, put it in place, even though it was too short. Then copied and pasted it in that position. I was then able to select one of the rods and extend it to the correct length. Almost like a telescoping rod.
Bob Stern

Post by Bob Stern »

Thanks for all the responces!

I will try to work with all of them. I think I can make one of these work for me.

Bob