Handle Holes and MORE hinges PLEASE

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Handle Holes and MORE hinges PLEASE

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Hows it all going?

I was wondering if or when we can associate holes pattens that go with handles. It would very much speed up programing and making the units. as im now going to put handle holes on each door. but @ the mo i have 2 take that door to PE

Also When are we going to be able to have more than 3 hinges on a door. I know that you can take the door to PE put some holes in. It would just so speed up the process if we were able to put more than 3 in.

Thanks 4 reading my rant. lol

Thom Davies
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

I second all of that Thom, I have been banging away on this one for the past 2 years, especially the hinge issue.
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Can i please get a response from someone @ thermwood about these ideas please? Like if it might be included one day?

Thanks

Thom Davies
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

More Hinges Please....

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Thom,

As you are aware, in eCab the 3rd Hinge is added when the door height meets/exceeds the \"Door Height Required to Add Center Hinge\" parameter found on the [Add Door/Drawer Settings] in the Construction Settings dialog.

I had previously made the following suggestion - If this parameter was more of a \"Maximum Distance Between Hinges\" type of thing, then whenever this distance was met and/or exceeded an additional hinge could be automatically introduced. Of course the Top and Bottom-most hinges would stay fixed at the defined \"Hinge to Top\" and \"Hinge to Bottom\" settings with the additional hinges distributed evenly between them. The spacing between the hinges would never exceed the \"Maximum Distance Between Hinges\"

Perhaps even a \"Maximum Number of Hinges to Add\" parameter could be useful to ultimately limit the number of hinges that could be possibly added to that particular door. (Although this parameter, once met, would mean that the maximum spacing would be exceeded but the added hinges would continue to be spaced evenly.)

It must be noted though that this approach, as with the current \"Add a Center Hinge\" method, could possibly place a \"mid-hinge\" at an inappropriate location that could interfere with another component (eg. a fixed shelf used as a horizontal divider or a roll-out drawer box.) , but so is the would of automating something. :) Automatic \"avoidance\" of other components would be a whole other level, so in these situations one would return to the manual addition of the hole patterns to the optimum locations.

Just my 3 cents (Canadian)...
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation