Need advice from thermwood guys

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Geo Noeth

Need advice from thermwood guys

Post by Geo Noeth »

What should I do. Some folks are having problems with build three. Is this just a small insignificant percentage? Should I hold off with build 3? Will the problems solved out weigh any new problems?

At least one member is recommending not performing the upgrade, what's your advice. My old boss used to say,\"you can always tell the pioneers, they are the ones with arrows in their backs\".
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

If you decide to update to Build 3 make sure that you do a backup of all of your files first just in case you decide to remove the build. This should be standard procedure for us all anyway. (Note that some idiots - like me - forget to do this.) It seems that the files created by build 3 are not compatible with build 2. So if you save a project that you open with build 3 you can't go back to build 2 and open it.

Ouch. My back hurts.

Joe
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

All my files are labeled with the version I made it with. If I use the cabinet in an upgraded version I will resave it with the new version as the last part of the file name, ie: 'thiscabfileV513.hsf' Saves time. You could also make a new (sub)directory for each versions cabinets in case when you save with a newer version it screws up the cabinet.

Leo G
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com