Resizing and Saving Problems Build 3

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Kimmi

Resizing and Saving Problems Build 3

Post by Gene Kimmi »

I am designing a job in Build 3 and have a problem when I resize an angled corner upper cabinet when installing it in the detail room. When it is resized and comes into the detail room, it shows as a 12\" wall cabinet. When I click to set it, an angled corner cabinet is set. Below is a picture of both. To the left is the green box that comes into the room after resizing. The cabinet in the middle of the room is what is set when I set the cabinet.

Also on this job, the job will not save after I put the countertop on the island. It frezes up at 17% and will go no further. Posted is the job I am working on.

Forgot to add the corner cabinet was resized from 42\" tall to 37 1/2\" and mounting height lowered from 95\" to 91 1/2\".
Attachments
x.jpg
x.jpg (82.68 KiB) Viewed 7207 times
AT 1.esj
(5.53 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

The multiple countertop bug is the same as I reported yesterday. This seems to occur anytime you have more than one countertop in a room. The work around is to not save the file. 8)

Joe
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Joe,

This job has saved several times with 3 of the countertops in the job. Below is a picture with the 3 countertops in the job.

When I put a countertop on the island cabinets is when the job freezes up when saving it. I have tried saving it with other changes with no problems until I add this countertop. And I have tried it at least 10 times.
Attachments
At 1.jpg
At 1.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 7197 times
Gene Kimmi
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

So, all of the countertops were added with Build 3? I have run simple tests in Build 3 with two cabinets right out of the standard cabinets library placed on separate walls. If I put a countertop on just one of them everything is fine. Two of them hangs the software.

Joe
Jon Dieterlen

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

I'm having the same problems. Corner cabinet coming back as a square cabinet after editing and I am having problems saving jobs after changing counter tops, and in general I am having problems saving and things seem to operate sluggish after upgrading to build 2 and build 3.
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Joe,

Everything here was done in build 3. I started this job this afternoon. I was wondering if I would run into any of the bugs others were experiencing when I started on this. Up to adding countertops on the island, I didn't have any problems except the corner upper.

I have thought it's strange that some are having problems with something and someone else can do it with no problems. I see a few posts where someone posts a job or cabinet with a problem and others download it and can't recreate the same problem.
Gene Kimmi
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

I may have found a fix for this countertop problem. I created the countertop for the island then took it into the part editor. I then put a 1/2\" chamfer on each corner. After doing this, the job saved fine. :D
Attachments
At 2.jpg
At 2.jpg (227.05 KiB) Viewed 7183 times
Gene Kimmi
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Going in to the countertop editor more than once on a job will cause eCabinets to hang on the save, Gene has found a work around, just simply take a countertop to the part editor and then return you don’t have to do any thing to the countertop and it should save fine.

Gene

I was able to reproduce your resizing issue and we are looking in to it.

Thanks

Walker
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Is there anything new on the corner upper issue? I've got a couple jobs to design and was wondering if there was a work-around or fix yet. Thanks.
Gene Kimmi
Samsung 256 SSD Drive