door/drawer editor

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

door/drawer editor

Post by KyleHepp »

First, doors... What is required to add door (libraries? ) from different manufacturers? I have a particular source that I almost exclusively use for my doors, and I'd like to have their catalog/pricing in addition to Conestoga, Thermwood, etc...

As for drawer boxes, I'd like to know what would be required to make DB's with trick joints (isoloc) from within ecabs and on the Thermwood CNC?
In fact, for this I'm hoping to find a way to essentially SCAN an image, then scale and calibrate it into a cutting command. While I realize that is outside the realm of ecabinets, is it possible to use another program for this and other specific parts, while somehow cutting those parts within the ecab nests in order to maximize yield?
Todd Miller

Re: door/drawer editor

Post by Todd Miller »

KyleHepp wrote:First, doors... What is required to add door (libraries? ) from different manufacturers? I have a particular source that I almost exclusively use for my doors, and I'd like to have their catalog/pricing in addition to Conestoga, Thermwood, etc...
If you would like your door vendor included into the software, you will need to have them get in touch with us, Then we can add them to the system.
KyleHepp wrote:As for drawer boxes, I'd like to know what would be required to make DB's with trick joints (isoloc) from within ecabs and on the Thermwood CNC?
We would need more information from you on the isoloc joint. Pics, dimension, examples, vendors ect. Then from there it would be up to time and resources.
KyleHepp wrote:In fact, for this I'm hoping to find a way to essentially SCAN an image, then scale and calibrate it into a cutting command. While I realize that is outside the realm of ecabinets, is it possible to use another program for this and other specific parts, while somehow cutting those parts within the ecab nests in order to maximize yield?
This sounds like a mastercam or artcam type of application. We offer both through our sales department. 800-533-6901

We also offer custom programming. 800-221-3865

Although, these are all very good ideas, you must understand, everything would need to go through an evaluation proccess.

Contact us at 880-877-4638.
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

Those are the two programs I was thinking about. Is it as simple as scanning, scaling and cutting?

I cut my bears' ears, clover, variable spaced DT's on a Leigh Jig. I'm sure the CNC could cut them more efficiently... I can only produce about 15-20 complete DB in a LONG day of work, and that's if I make no mistakes!
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Todd,

Ref: added door suppliers.

Can we please have our own in house door catalog directory added to this. I manufacture doors and fronts. And in my cut lists they always reference the MDF, Conastoga, Slab and Thermwood. I would like to add my company's directory to that list; like we can do with the cabinets. Not that I wish to offer doors as a supplier.

Thanks
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650