digital cameras

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg McCorkill

digital cameras

Post by Greg McCorkill »

about time to replace mine wondering what other people are using to get the best pics of your work
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I've been happy with the Kodak Z series cameras. They have a German made glass lense. Costco.com has them on sale quite often. I'm sure there are better cameras but for the money, these Kodaks are good. The Canon digitals are good also.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Greg,
There are lots of good cameras out there. I chose one that had good low light capability so I could shoot with good ambient light and not washout with a flash.
Equally as important as the camera is to buy a tripod. They are inexpensive. Most shots are slightly blurred by camera motion during hand-held shooting. Good sharp pix come from steady tripod mounted cameras.
best of luck,
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I use a Nikon D70s. I have a 27-105mm lens that is pretty good for inside. I could use a wider lens for some of the smaller rooms but that's another bit of money. I also have a good photo editing package, PaintShop Pro, not great but very good. You really need to have the editing if you want to tweak your pictures or make them magazine quality.

http://fototime.com/2950F2E51DDFA83/orig.jpg
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

I bought a Nikon D50 about a year ago, along with a good 18-50 mm wide angle lens and a telephoto. While the camera is only 6.1 effective mega pixels, having good photo editing software is absolutely key to good end results.

I have also had Paint Shop Pro for several years, and about two years ago I bought ULead's PhotoImpact XL, a very good editing package.
Al
http://sandal-woodsblog.com
Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I bought Photo Shop Elements about a year ago. Was I suppossed to open it and install it?
Ted Allen

Camera

Post by Ted Allen »

Greg,

I use a Nikon D70 with a 18/50 lense. Even with the 18 in a small room it leaves me wishing for a wider angle lense.

My next lense for room photos will be a 10/20.

The D70 is excellent for that type of photo.

Photoshop is my software of choice.

Ted