Build 3 Bug....

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jerry,

You can resize with the change size button without any problems as long as you understand the glitch that currently exists in Bld. 3 and make sure that the height is set back to what is needed. Make sure to keep in mind that when the cabinet is set to a detached toe the height of the cabinet includes the detached toe height! I think this is where you are getting confused. So, if you save a detached toe cabinet in Bld. 3 that has a 4\" detached toe and the cabinet height is 34.5, (which is what your cabinet you posted here was saved as and creates a box height of 30.5”). Now, when you select the define size button it will fill the height entry box with 30.5\" but should be 34.5”. At this point all that needs to be done is to set the height back to original, which would be 34.5\". If you do this it will place the cabinet into the room at the proper value for height (I tested this with your cabinet). If you let it at 30.5\", it will place a cabinet with a total height of 30.5\" and the actual height of the box will only will be 28.5\". Hope this helps. This issue will be resolved for the next build due out in the near future.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

I understand what you are saying Scott, I was taking into consideration the detached toe. It was not consistant with the height of the cabinet, what I did was reinstall ecabs and now it is acting in a more constistant manner. I don't mind doing the work around, entering the 34.5 and all but what was concerning me was the openings of my drawers being changed everytime that I did that. I have that working as well as it can at this time. Now I have a new problem, I have a layout in a bathroom, I placed a cabinet at each end leaving a opening in the middle for a drawer stack. The opening is 18.25\" so I designed a cabinet that is 18.25 wide with a height of 35.375\" to match the height of the others. When I try to place said cabinet into the opening it asks me if I want to resize the cabinet to 18.25. If I say no, you know what happens, if I say yes it changes the height of the cabinet to 30.375. What have I done now!!!
JLM
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Jerry,

Attached the job and the cabinet that you are trying to place between the existing 2 cabs and I will see if it reproduces for me.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Jerry McClain

Post by Jerry McClain »

Okay I will do so. What you have is the initial cabinet saved as it was when I inserted it. I took the cabinet that is on the left and resized it in the cabinet editor, changing the left stile and the width. I then saved it under the new name of vanity ctr 18.25 and tried to insert it. I then had to reopen it and fix the height and that is what you will see when you open the job.

Thanks for looking at this for me
Attachments
Vanity Ctr 18.25.hsf
(2.08 MiB) Downloaded 290 times
Kappy Vanity 2.esj
(6.07 MiB) Downloaded 280 times
JLM