corner cabs and parameters

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

corner cabs and parameters

Post by KyleHepp »

I need to design several different seed cabs that are NOT square boxes. I have been trying to do this based on corner cabinets from the standard directory. The \"corner\" tab in the construction area gives alot of options and flexibility, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the basic shape to take form???
what I'm trying to develop are cabs with left, right or both ends angled as well as basic corner cabs for placement on 45's and 135's (inside and outside \"45 degree\" corners)
I could sure use some help here, and as always -thank you sincerely
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

maybee I'm being too ambiguous... Let's say for example I want a tall cabinet that is angled at 45 degrees on it's right side.

-------------------------
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
--------------------------------------

sorry for the crudeness, but this should give a quick and dirty illustration of the top/bottom view of the cab box I'm trying to explain here.

how and where do you develop this type of cabinet?
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

xxxxxxxxxx
x--------------x
x-----------------x
x-------------------x
x----------------------x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sean O' Hare

angle cabs

Post by Sean O' Hare »

Kyle,

You cannuse a standard cab. Inset the front of the left/right side. Then in construction settings click angle part. From the drop-down menu choose which parts you want to follow the inset. If you want to show the doors, you'll have to insert them as display objects.

To choose hardware, in the door/drawer editor you'll see hardware selection. The hardware holes index off the bottom of the opening. Slide distance from bottom will have to be at least the distance from the bottom of the slide to the screwhole.

Good luck,
Sean
sean
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

OK Sean, I think I see where the functions to do this exist, however I keep coming up with a back that is too narrow only, and cannot get the deck/top to angle back and connect. Also, I can't really get a feel for what the \"front angle back, back miter\" and so on do, since for some reason, I'm not getting anything to happen visually???

By the way, I'm learning by LEAPS AND BOUNDS here thanks to everyone's help. -Especially Thermwood Staff and ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY Forrest Chapman. :beer:

This oddball operation of making angled sided cabs is probably something I won't need for awhile, however RIGHT NOW on the very first job that I need to get batched for production, I literally have some form of angled cabinet in every single room, it's the most cut up 5 bdrm house you've ever seen!

Would someone please tell me a basic order of settings to get an angled cab on the screen in front of me? I think that once I can get ONE developed, I'll have enough of an understanding of the \"relationships\" to spawn off the rest of the designs I need.
I need to go yank out some more gray hair now, so I'll check back in a few :wall:
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Kyle,
I found the best way to learn the Angle Part function was to load the Standard Base Frame less in the Cabinet Editor and hit the Up Arrow on your keyboard so that you are looking at the top of the cabinet. Then play with the settings and insets to see what each one does. It is now possible to not only do angled cabinets but you can also do a skewed cabinet.
Kerry
Attachments
skewed.jpg
skewed.jpg (66.13 KiB) Viewed 6937 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

KyleHepp,

Is this anything like you need?
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

well....... :roll: I have a cabinet designed and saved. (and by that I mean \"one\" cabinet)
I think I understand now why noone chimed right in and said \"do this, this, that, this and click enter!\"

Everytime I think I start to get a feel for the relationships though, at least one attribute gets screwy. I think it's just going take some more time to familiarize with angled/corner/specialty cabs, and I'm out of that for the day!

On that note, is it possible in this latest version, to design for and cut blind dado joinery into bender ply on the machine (for true archtop cabs?)
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester

Kyle,

I have been with this program for a few years now and am no stranger to the corner cabinets. Maybe I don't understand your need. If you like you can PM me with a # and I'll be glad call you to help you through this.

I have cable ISP so my computer is on the internet all the time, unless it's asleep. Many of us respond to the messages because we get instant messages sent to our email box and we are notified the moment it arrives.

Short of a remote desktop connection, the phone is the next best thing. Like I said, PM me and I'll be glad to help you if I can...

Here's another angle cabinet too

Thanks
32Gigs DDR4
Corsair RM650
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester

Here's another...
32Gigs DDR4
Corsair RM650