drawer box + stretchers = ? for placement

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

KyleHepp

drawer box + stretchers = ? for placement

Post by KyleHepp »

I'm trying to load drawer boxes into a drawer base, I have placed stretchers to an \"almost\" equalized spacing increment.

I have entered insets and still can't get the drawer boxes to fit into the correct location? they either install too high, too low, -sometimes right over the top of a stretcher! How do you do this?
Todd Miller

Re: drawer box + stretchers = ? for placement

Post by Todd Miller »

KyleHepp wrote:I'm trying to load drawer boxes into a drawer base, I have placed stretchers to an "almost" equalized spacing increment.

I have entered insets and still can't get the drawer boxes to fit into the correct location? they either install too high, too low, -sometimes right over the top of a stretcher! How do you do this?
Kyle,
Using fixed shelves and partitions are the best ways to designate areas for drawer boxes. Just apply a back inset to the shevles to save material.
KyleHepp

Post by KyleHepp »

I just returned to this thread, and am happy to see I'm on the same wavelength!
That was the first thing I tried, but I attempted to delete the fixed shelves, and thought I was going to replace them with stretchers. -I didn't think to adjust backset instead!
Thanks!
Oh, one more thing... Where do you go to set hardware? and what does the hardware (hole) placement index off of since I'm using modified \"shelves\" in lieu of \"stretchers\" ?
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Kyle,

There are 2 different ways to select the hardware. The first way is to use the button called def+item, located next to the constraint manager button.
Clicking this button will open a window which will give you a choice between cabinet items and cabinet defaults. Choose cabinet defaults. Here you can choose slides, hinges, pulls, etc.

The other way to choose hardware for drawers and doors is in the door\\drawer editor. There is a button on the left hand tool bar marked \"hardware selection\". This opens a dialog box that narrows down your selection to the hardware relavent to the doors and drawers.

Your hardware hole patterns are associated to the hardware that you select for your cabinet. When you select your hardware the dialog box changes. It shows the hardware you selected and then multiple red buttons at the bottom. One of these buttons is labeled \"associate a hole pattern\". When you click this button it will open up a window that lets you navigate to the hole patterns and select the one you want.

The placement of the hole pattern is dependent on the placement of the hardware on the piece. When you apply a drawer front to a cabinet, a construction box pops up that lets you change settings if needed. Inside of this(assuming it is for drawers), at the bottom is a setting called \"slide distance from bottom\". This tells you how far from the bottom of the drawer the slide will be placed. Doors have a similar area for setting the hinge placement.

I hope this helps.